Uplink Activity 5/12/08 2:40 PM EDT

Im hoping the tennis on the tennis channel right now is not what there HD looks like. Hopefully they just stretch it if its not hd.

Dish 100-HD Ultimate Summary

Sweet. Any see what package MGM, Smithsonian, WFN, etc are in?

I have the Dish 100 package with the $20 HD Ultimate package and I get them.

I get the following 12 new HD channels:
142 - ESPN News
172 - Disney E
176 - Toon
180 - ABC Family
208 - CNBC
214 - Weather Channel
215 - Travel Channel
311 - Cinemax West
314 - 5Max
374 - Smithsonian
385 - MGM
395 - World Fishing Network

Of course there are the three other recent additions:
105 - USA
122 - SciFi
200 - CNN

It looks like if I got the channel in my SD package, I've to it in my HD package.

I now get a total of 54 regular HD channels plus lots of HD PPV and special game channels like NBAHD and NHLHD.

Here are the HD channels I DON'T get with the Dish 100 package and HD Ultimate:
9426 - NFL
9429 - NTGEO
9435 - STARZ
9442 - TENNIS
9443 - BIO
9444 - HMC
9449 - TDIS
9456 - HBO
9460 - SHO-E
9468 - VS/GOLF
9489 - ANIMAL
9490 - SCIENCE
9492 - BRAVO

Larry
SF

anybody else with HD ONly
why no SD feeds of Disney, ABCFamily TDisney, Cartoon?
HD Only guy here. When they launched CNN HD, it took nearly 24 hours before they turned on the SD version. With SciFI and USA HD, it took a few days before they turned on SD versions for us. I think they forget, and I'm sure they'll get to it just like they did last month with the other 3.

Im hoping the tennis on the tennis channel right now is not what there HD looks like. Hopefully they just stretch it if its not hd.
They dont appear to be stretching 4:3 content, although hard to tell since they're airing 16:9 content right now (Masters Series Hamburg).

I managed to catch "Weather on the 8's" on the HD version of TWC. It appears to be full HD, with much better graphics than the SD version. Actually quite nice to look at.

They dont appear to be stretching 4:3 content, although hard to tell since they're airing 16:9 content right now (Masters Series Hamburg).

We got our channel.:)

All of the European tournys have been this upconvert. The U.S. Clay Court, Fed Cup, and several Champions tournaments have been in REAL hd. I am not too that the French will look much better than the Hamburg tourny.

I will be glad when they get back to the U.S.:)

European SD has greater resolution than the US SD (something like 576i) and it is normally 16:9, so it is still better than 4:3 480i and will look nice upconverted to HD.

You know, those of us that actually work can't be checking the computer at home 24/7. :p
Same here - only John have 24 hours per day of his hobby time what allow him to check each 5 min what in a stream, what else you could do be retired ?
I'm surprise you didn't make email notification or at least it should page you when new version came.

European SD has greater resolution than the US SD (something like 576i) and it is normally 16:9, so it is still better than 4:3 480i and will look nice upconverted to HD.

I read somewhere tht it is 576i, 14:9. Still much better than 4:3 (12:9) at 480i, and upconverts about twice as good. :eureka

Fitzie

I did a quick run-through of all new HD channels I could find. ESPNewsHD is much better than I thought it would be, they're running HD clips. HallmarkHD was running a 4:3 HD upconvert, the picture was much improved over the SD version. Some of the other channels had full HD, others up-convert. A mixed bag, but all of it watchable. The WFNHD was 4:3 material upconverted at below average, I thought (though still better than SD). Most channels will improve a bit (some a lot) as they get more experience and more real HD material. This is very positive.

fitzie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)