Uplink Activity 6/18/08 2:20 PM EDT = 100 changes

So at what point can I call Dish and have them come out and get my Local HD's in Grand Rapids, Mi ?

........when dish's "system" shows GR HD Locals available. I've been talking to an exec VP about having a 61.5 dish install NOW, but he maintains that he can't even have the work order created until the "system" sees a need for a new dish.

So at what point can I call Dish and have them come out and get my Local HD's in Grand Rapids, Mi ?

Why not just order local channels now? You'll get the 61.5 dish now and you'll get HD locals automatically when they become available. I did this for the Greensboro, NC locals. I paid for a couple of weeks of locals w/o HD, but I watched HD feeds the evening they became available.

WRONG........

SD locals (in GR at least) are available on 110/119/129 (dish 1000)

Why would dish think you would need a 61.5 dish? They will NOT.

Dish will NOT write up a work order for a 61.5 install until HD locals are lit.

The only way to do it is:

Wait until the HD locals are lit

OR

PAY $99 to have it installed (I'll take the FREE install, thank you very much.....)

WRONG........

OR

PAY $99 to have it installed (I'll take the FREE install, thank you very much.....)

Thanks....
Isn't GR HDs suppose to be LIT today ? 06/19/08 ????

WRONG........

OR

My mistake. I forgot that they had trouble seeing 129 from my roof so they put up an extra dish to point at 61.5 for HD. Don't pay the $99. You could get a dish pretty cheap on eBay but by the time you got it installed, locals would be available anyway. One good thing I found with Dish is when I called for an installation, they were there in 3 days.

...One good thing I found with Dish is when I called for an installation, they were there in 3 days.
I agree.

FWIW The Austin HD locals went live on a Wed. I ordered the 61.5 wing dish that Thursday, after the CSRs got the info, etc. The installation was completed that Sat AM :)

There just aren't that many people in any given DMA that know their HD locals are available by the day after the up-link. And even fewer that know to call Dish and ask for a wing dish etc. So you will be very close to the front of the line, behind maybe a few other SatGuys who have Dish Customer Support on speed dial :)

Talon Dancer