Uplink Activity for 4/24/08 4 PM EDT

Since I am Sgt Shultz in many ways (I know nothing!), the only qualifcation I might add is that with the SatelliteGuys meeting with DN/E* on May 17(?), I would think DN/E* expects to be in "positve" PR mode by then. Remember, "rumor" has it they aproached StaelliteGuys and not vice-versa. ;)
The problem/beauty of the May 17th Summit date is that is falls within the range of BOTH predictions: next week and not for several weeks :)

Talon Dancer

So next week we will either get ...

"April showers" "ending with 10-14 new national HD channels on 110" or "Several national HD channels will be added to transponder 16 at 61.5 and transponder 1 at 129"

Remember that 10-14 new national HD channels on 110, would have to preceded by ____ days of notice to MPEG2-HD receiver owners that they have to get a free receiver swap to equivalent ViP receivers (which E* has already said they will do for any currently authorized 921 and 942 receivers that develop problems, due to the TiVo injunction against those receivers).

Given the May 17 event date, a further guess would be May 15th as the changeover date, but there is also some question as to whether 2 weeks is sufficient time to get all those receivers swapped...

(BTW, anyone remember how long the previous MPEG2-HD receiver swap took from announcement to changeover ?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts