Uplink Activity for WED Mar 08 2006

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Good Afternoon :) This weeks uplink report to summerize is HUH??? Why these moves???

Echostar 110

291 (HBOCY) Added to TP Frequency: 12.370 GHz TP 11
297 (ACMAX) Added to TP Frequency: 12.370 GHz TP11
298 (5-MAX) Added to TP Frequency: 12.370 GHz TP 11
293 (HBOHD) Added to TP Frequency: 12.399 GHz TP 13
292 (HBOLT) Added to TP Frequency: 12.516 GHz TP 21

Echostar 121

818 (ATN) Added to TP Frequency: 12.428 GHz TP unknown

Echostar 119

285 (HBO-E) Added to TP Frequency: 12.239 GHz TP 2
286 (HBO2E) Added to TP Frequency: 12.297 GHz TP 6
287 (HBOSG) Added to TP Frequency: 12.297 GHz TP 6
290 (HBOFM) Added to TP Frequency: 12.326 GHz TP 8
289 (HBO2W) Added to TP Frequency: 12.399 GHz TP13
295 (MAX-W) Added to TP Frequency: 12.399 GHz TP 13
294 (MAX-E) Added to TP Frequency: 12.457 GHz TP 17
296 (MOMAX) Added to TP Frequency: 12.457 GHz TP 17
288 (HBO-W) Added to TP Frequency: 12.486 GHz TP 19

Avabile to subs

718 MEGA
6377 KMBC-DT
6378 KCTV-DT
6379 KSHB-DT
6380 WDAF-DT
9275 WRBJ-TV

Last edited:
Anybody know what the schedule is for more HD-LIL markets becoming available?

I'm not so much asking when my market (San Francisco) will be available; my question is more like, Should I care about these Uplink Activity reports in the hope that my market might show up any week, or are we pretty much done with new HD-LIL for the month of March?

Airblair said:
Anybody know what the schedule is for more HD-LIL markets becoming available?

I'm not so much asking when my market (San Francisco) will be available; my question is more like, Should I care about these Uplink Activity reports in the hope that my market might show up any week, or are we pretty much done with new HD-LIL for the month of March?

There is no real hard schedual on when they will launch the only way to know if your LIL HD will lauch is by viewing these uplink reports. What ever HD LIL shows up is next in line ;)

goaliebob99 said:

Avabile to subs

718 MEGA
6377 KMBC-DT
6378 KCTV-DT
6379 KSHB-DT
6380 KDAF-DT
9275 WRBJ-TV

Looks like KC is available. Goaliebob, is that a typo? KDAF is WB 33 in Dallas, whereas WDAF is FOX 4 in KC.

Yes bob that's what used to do, is just turn them on. But no it looks like they've changed to this practice of mirroring channels in free preview to 280, weird...

BFG said:
Yes bob that's what used to do, is just turn them on. But no it looks like they've changed to this practice of mirroring channels in free preview to 280, weird...

Wonder if they get complaints after the "free previews" are over that the channels are no longer avail free.... so by mirroring them at a different number they can try to make it clearer "this is only a free preview"

People are dumb sometimes u know?

So wait, whats the deal here...

Is Dish going to be offloading international programming on 121 or what? If so, why are they adding international programming to this satellite then?? :confused:

Scott Greczkowski said:
Actually looking at the channel numbers it looks we might be having a HBO Free Preview weekend coming up. :)

Yup, all of those adds were just channel number mirrors for the existing channels. Maybe they had problems with authorizations when they switched a channel to free mode and back to pay mode. :confused:

There must be some local channels moving around too. I've got two 500 upgrades tomorrow for customers who "supposedly" still have DISH 300. Work Order notes says: CUST HAS A D300 AND DMA MOVING TO SAT 110. OUTBOUND CALLING CUST TO OFFER FREE D500 UPGRADE. DMA in question is Portland currently on 119.

FantasyChannel said:
There must be some local channels moving around too. I've got two 500 upgrades tomorrow for customers who "supposedly" still have DISH 300. Work Order notes says: CUST HAS A D300 AND DMA MOVING TO SAT 110. OUTBOUND CALLING CUST TO OFFER FREE D500 UPGRADE. DMA in question is Portland currently on 119.

That or some at60 channels are moving to 110 or the customer is upgrading programming to something above at 60

HBO has the New "Sopranos" Season Premiere Sunday the 12th AND
a New Series Premiere "Big Love" Sunday the 12th.
Also I found posted on the web that Time-Warner, Cox, Comcast cable companies as well as DirecTv are having a free HBO/Cinemax preview from March 17-21.
So maybe E* is going to beat them by having their preview this weekend March 10-12 ?? That would allow E* beat the others and for HBO to wet customers appetites for "Sopranos" & "Big Love". But this just speculation on my part. But seems logical, why up-link the new numbers so early if you weren't going have the preview until the 17th? Plus if I remember correctly, E* and D* usually don't have previews at the same time. Anyway this is my input after searching the web.
Well, looks like no preview until at least until monday when Charlie has his aniversary chat. But maybe not until everyone else has theirs 17-21? There has to be a free preview!:)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)