Uplink Activity Report - 10/1/2008 1:02pm - 165 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Why the heck do they keep loading crap to TP 19? It looked like they were gong to have a free TP for HD, now they are filling it with SD. Not just SD, but junk SD.

That's not just any junk. That is political junk! Check your guide.

Ted

Medford OR, Cheyenne WY and Lubbock TX locals have moved to 110/119! That is noteworthy isn't it? Looks like 148º is one step closer to being removed from subscriber services today.

Previously announced. A schedule of SD local moves was posted to Dish Network Forum IIRC.

852 Setanta is a change to a slate on the open transponder.

The slate states that the Free Preview is over and that Setanta is available as on add-on to Dish Latino for $9.99 per month.

PS That means that you can also look at it as Dish Latino Bonus Pack is now available as an add-on to Setanta for $8.29 per month. :D

Of course, you have to order the Bonus Pack first...

I just don't where you get such misinformation. E6 launched in 7/2000, E8 launched in 8/2002 and E12 launched in 7/2003. These sats are the CORE of EA. Yes, E3 and E4 are old and need replacing. AMC-14 was supposed to replace E3 but it didn't make it. E14 or E15 will probably be its replacement. E4 is just a place holder until E8 arrives at 77W.

Edit - Nimiq 5 will be going to 72.7W when launched and a Mexican licensed sat will be going to 77W when launched
I think the key is not the absolute age of the EA Sats but rather the footprints of some of the recently moved Sats in their new locations.

Talon Dancer

. Eastern Arc will be limping along on very old sats.

I think the key is not the absolute age of the EA Sats but rather the footprints of some of the recently moved Sats in their new locations.

Talon Dancer
I agree that the footprints of the sats is not ideal but they are really just placeholders until Nimiq-5 and Quetzsat-1 are launched. The OP specifically referred to the age of the EA sats though.

Why is SRI taking up two channels now? They seem to be the same, although I don't have complete guide data for the new one. Are they two different streams?

...It appears that decision has been made that Houston will not be part of the Eastern Arc.
....Yet. :) My guess is that before AMC-14 failed to reach orbit Dish planned for Houston to have both WA and EA options (for LOS in a very large DMA). But that has been delayed until the new EA sats are in place.

Talon Dancer

Well, now what do I do with my 148 dish?

Maybe swing it back around to 61.5 and get more stable reception for HD.

Well, now what do I do with my 148 dish?

Maybe swing it back around to 61.5 and get more stable reception for HD.

You can keep watching the international stations that are getting phased off of 61.5 but not 148.

But I do agree, this doesn't look good for anyone ponted at 148w. Would be nice if Dish would make a statement about this, although I wont hold my breath.

viacom --- viacom... i am ready for FX please. NICK for the son is also important, I am getting sick of Ying Yang Yo and Bakugan...

Medford OR, Cheyenne WY and Lubbock TX locals have moved to 110/119! That is noteworthy isn't it? Looks like 148º is one step closer to being removed from subscriber services today.
I posted this was going to happen a few weeks ago. Also if I remember correctly more will be removed from 148 on the 15th.