Uplink Activity Report - 10/22/2008 1:02pm - 176 changes

Yup you guys said wouldnt it be funny if they uplinked a bunch of new HD and labeled them at HD PPV...

Well you got it. :D

Stay Tuned!

I agree Scott.It may just be a disguise .Dish is probably just labeling those Hd ppv that way so people wouldnt freak out if they saw a national hd channel showing up.Another thing if the deal fell threw with those providers, people wouldnt get pissd off.:cool:,

Charlie said more national HD when Echostar 11 went into operation. (Its been in operation for 2 months now)

Thanks, glad to know I wasn't making it up. That was it, He said when E11 was live and we estimated E11 would go live around the beginning of Sept. after testing was complete. It has been so long without new HD, details like that slip my mind.

I have been preaching this move by Charlie meeting the 150 HD channel mark for weeks now and today the vision became real. :mad: Can someone send Charlie an invitation to Directv's customer service class, because they are apparently doing everything right and blowing the competition out of the water once again.

The problem is that there isn't a single person among us who'd be surprised if all the new "channels" labeled as HD PPV, actually turned out to be JUST THAT...more HD PPV channels to inflate the count again.

I hope I'm wrong...but wouldn't bet on it.

I have an idea . . . why don't all of us on here sue Charlie for false advertising with his so-called 150 HD Channels . . . with his so-called legal team, we are sure to win like everyone else that sues Charlie . . . hee hee :) :) :)

That's the easiest way to get to the 150 HD channels by the end of the year. :)

"AND NOT HAVE TO GIVE US POOR ALL HD ABSOLUTE SUBSCRIBERS ANY MORE FREE CHANNELS" They think if they wait until Feb and add HD channels that we will have to change over to the new(more expensaive) channels to get additional HD channels. I have all that I need now, they can wait until Hell freezes over before I cry uncle.

I look forward to the launch of the multiplexed World Fishing Network….

“Soon” to be on DiSH Network in crystal clear sort of HD……

WFN 2HD – Red Snapper Fishing
WFN 3HD – Bass Fishing
WFN 4HD – Croppy Fishing
WFN 5HD – Florida Lobster Fishing
WFN 6HD – Steelhead Fishing
WFN 7HD – Frog Gigging
WFN 8HD – “The Ocho” – Noodleing
WFN 9HD– Cleaning your catch

They show Omaha available but they sure not available on my reciever.

Do you have a dish pointed at 61.5, or the "typical" (for this area) install pointed at 110/119/129? If you're in the latter, you'll have to call Dish and have them send someone out to install a "wing dish" to pick up the HD locals from Omaha on 61.5.

Seems stupid to me, but Dish never asked my opinion...and I'd rather have HD locals on satellite than not, so....

Do you have a dish pointed at 61.5, or the "typical" (for this area) install pointed at 110/119/129? If you're in the latter, you'll have to call Dish and have them send someone out to install a "wing dish" to pick up the HD locals from Omaha on 61.5.

Seems stupid to me, but Dish never asked my opinion...and I'd rather have HD locals on satellite than not, so....

Yep, I was setup with 110/119/129 for the Lincoln locals and suspect you're the same for Omaha. Luckily I still had a Dish Pro 44 Switch (from when I needed 105 for locals along with 110/119/129) and just purchased a Dish 300/Dish Pro LNBF and installed it last week as my wing dish to pick up 61.5. Wish they would have added more HD locals but at least I'm now getting KLKN ABC in HD. :D

Yep, I was setup with 110/119/129 for the Lincoln locals and suspect you're the same for Omaha. Luckily I still had a Dish Pro 44 Switch (from when I needed 105 for locals along with 110/119/129) and just purchased a Dish 300/Dish Pro LNBF and installed it last week as my wing dish to pick up 61.5. Wish they would have added more HD locals but at least I'm now getting KLKN ABC in HD. :D

Actually I'm in Lincoln, too. They're coming out next week to install my wing dish, but I have an antenna already so it's not a really big deal. Just would be nice to have all the channels in HD for those times when I want to record more than one show at a time...

Not sure what they'll install, but my understanding is that it won't take too much, since I have a 1000.2 install, and all they'll have to do is plug the new LNBF into the 1000.2 and it'll be ready to go (once it's aimed, of course).