Uplink Activity Report - 11/12/2008 6:02pm - 124 changes

I live in Red Lion PA and also get Harrisburg locals will they show up when they are available or do I need a different dish?
Note: The ones in this report are for Franklin County and are all SD.
The ones for The Harrisburg Market were uplinked in a previous activity and include 3 of the HD Networks. Neither are available to subscribers. They will not show up on your system unless you have the new DiSH 1000.4 dish after the channels become available.

Perhaps more HD LiL expansion from E12? TPs 19, 21, and 23 are also spot TPs, but until now have been CONUS. Perhaps they will move the channels on these (TP 23 was already on of the ones cleared), and, along with TP 17, fire these up.
Alright you guys. Between you and kstuart's "4 transponder" comment, I'm thoroughly confused. :confused: Now according to The List, tp23 is not cleared completely. But 4, 6, 17, 26, 27, and 28 are empty. I think 27 was recently cleared, and 17 has been cleared for months. But I think several of the others (4, 6, 26, 28?) are empty because they no longer live (or exist) on either Echo3 or Echo12.

Ken, can you be more specific about what you meant with your comment about clearing 4 transponders?

PSmith, can you remind everybody which transponders are gone (but not forgotten) from 61.5?

Digiblur, can you tell us where your long (formerly sticky) thread went re: Echo12 spotbeam signal strength?

Last edited:
Looks like Louisville/Lexington is going to get HD locals soon. I didn't think this was on the list for this year. Woot!

Only 2 Tps were cleared.(one of them at 61.5)

Tps 4, 6, 26 and 28 are dead.

EchoStar 12 has some power deficiencies which may prevent some spotbeams to be used.

Only 2 Tps were cleared.(one of them at 61.5)

Tps 4, 6, 26 and 28 are dead.

EchoStar 12 has some power deficiencies which may prevent some spotbeams to be used.

Well, that's what I get for not reading the numbers thoroughly and believing another poster.

So what are the power issues with E12? Do they only effect the spots?

Ken, can you be more specific about what you meant with your comment about clearing 4 transponders?

In this particular case, I have not had a chance to check what is remaining on each transponder.

But it seems clear from the uplink report that bringing E*8 online at 77 has allowed them to move a bunch of channels from 61.5 and 72.5 to 77, which frees up space on both slots to mirror any new HD additions to 110 or 129.

A buddy of mine who works for a major cable network, told me that a contract has been signed for 6 HD channels from his network (T.W.) and will be releasing to Charlie mid December. Makes sense, Charlie chat December 8, that's when he'll probably makes his year end announcements.

I think Dish already carries everything from TW in HD that is in HD. Maybe TCM is going HD and Maybe Headline News. But that's about it.

If anything, it could be more CW locals going in HD.

But this is just crap. God Bless Charlie for contributing to some of my favorite causes. But if he thinks HD is NOT driving the market, he is a fool. And as of about Feb 1, my patience will have run out and I will be moving to Either UVerse or an ATT-Directv bundle.

That is my Clear Plan.

I have a feeling I won't be alone.

Note: The ones in this report are for Franklin County and are all SD.
The ones for The Harrisburg Market were uplinked in a previous activity and include 3 of the HD Networks. Neither are available to subscribers. They will not show up on your system unless you have the new DiSH 1000.4 dish after the channels become available.
Franklin County (Chambersburg) people are being denied Harrisburg HD?!? :(
That sucks. Oh well, I guess the Washington HD's will make an almost suitable substitute. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)