Uplink Activity Report - 12/30/2008 1:52pm - 79 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I haven't seen a Rangers game in HD YET, but I have seen several Devils games in HD. (Wifes favorite team) You might have to listen to the Penguins announcers for the play-by-play, but over all, I am happy with the amount of HD games I am getting this year. I personally like Colorado on "AlltutudeHD" (Not my local RSN) but I can watch their games in HD when ever they are on.

I am a fan of ALL Hockey, any time I can get an HD game, I'm a happy fan.
I am a former Housing (Billet) Dad and I'd also like to see some College games in HD, but I am asking for too much.

Go Bowling Green and Michigan State HOCKEY
Plymouth Whalers (OHL)
Rimouski Oceanic (QMJHL)
Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)

The HD scenery is nice in Jackson, MS ;) combined with OTA. I don't see any banners plastered on WGMB or WVLA webpages stating about the carriage agreement issue. Figured they would put it right there on the front page at the top for everyone to see.
I am hoping the New orleans locals will go hd on dish in Feb with the new sat. If dish loses the br sd locals, there goes my info in the guide. My antenna stays aimed towards br most of the time so i use those networks. Come jan 1st i might have to aim the antenna towars n.o. and use those.
Was in jackson last week for xmas. Those channels have the "sd/hd switch" problems worse than Baton rouge. On the today show 1 segment would be sd, the next hd. NBC Channel 3 seemed to be the worst.

That's our CW station. So now, we have the "Big 4 plus 1." I can only guess that they did this because we're going on spotbeam (on 129) soon. I think there are a few other DMA's with CW already, but mostly "large" DMA's.

Brad

Is there any information about KC HD locals going spotbeam? I really really really hope that isn't true.

A guy from Minnesota dissing hockey ?! :eek:

lol, yep not a hockey fan. When you live in MN you don't need to watch or listen to any hockey, you get enough just listening to everyone else talk about it all the time.

Is there any information about KC HD locals going spotbeam? I really really really hope that isn't true.

Over the next 4 years, Dish Network needs to add all the HD Local channels in most of the markets of the USA. Not just the 4 networks, but all the local channels. By the end of that point, many smaller independent channels that are still SD right now will be HD by then. The FCC requires that Dish add them by 2013 with gradual interim targets every year.

So, Dish Network will have to put all HD Locals on spotbeams just to have enough bandwidth to fit them all.

Of course, no one can say when any particular channel will be moved to spotbeams, but it seems clear that in February and March, a lot of HD and SD locals on 129 will be moving to spotbeams on Ciel-2.

I haven't seen a Rangers game in HD YET, but I have seen several Devils games in HD. (Wifes favorite team) You might have to listen to the Penguins announcers for the play-by-play, but over all, I am happy with the amount of HD games I am getting this year.

Hey jldhawk - this is exactly what I'm saying. I want to listen to Mke Emrick call the Devils game, not those homers in Pittsburgh that slurp up to Crosby. Dish does not have the Devils in HD with the home feed. When I check out the D* website and look up the games I see the Devils in HD all the time (like tonight against Montreal and Sunday against Ottawa). I've called Dish and they give me the same BS about contract issues and the fact that they do have hockey games in HD - just not the team I want!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)