Uplink Activity Report - 6/18/2008 1:26pm - 2 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Take it away P Smith... kinda bloated to go to ms access, or mysql but whatever everyone wants. You guys take a vote and let me know when you want me to stop doing the reports.

There was a proposal to Digi make it practically automated. But his lack of free time for the hobby struggle him to fix bugs in old manual process.

Actually, there is holding request for SW developers ( I would say MS Access would be sufficient, but MySQL or SQL are more robust for the processing; PHP, Perl is OK too :) ).
Each new version of all channels (SDT) parsed and produced CSV file with numbers,names, flags, etc.
The task would be take 2 tables - last and any previous, compare them and make output like Digi's scrip doing: moves/deletes/adds/changes/etc.

Any taker ?

...I need this wrapup. It's 1:00 here and I normally have something, but JohnH at DBSTalk isn't even on there.

I take these reports as a kindness extended to the Dish viewing public by Satelliteguys, bestowed on all who bother to stop by this site. I'm not a paid Pub Member, I probably should be, but if this report is a need then maybe you might want to put your money where your mouth is...just seemed a little rude to me, that's all.

Just two unnecessary cents from a non-Pub Member/Financial Supporter.

Take it away P Smith... kinda bloated to go to ms access, or mysql but whatever everyone wants. You guys take a vote and let me know when you want me to stop doing the reports.
Hey man, you got it wrong way - don't to be too sensitive.
It's about diversification and redundancy; shouldn't be a problem for you if someone will help if you're busy or like take a break from the job.
And you who got first the ability a couple months ago, btw.

I can't do MY News Monitor work without ANY uplink report, Wassup.

I understand that you have a need for the information, and I'm not in the least trying to belittle the service that you provide to the Internetting public. My point was that this is a FREE uplink report, and although I could be misinformed, you nor I are paid members of this site, and as such my opinion is that we should be happy with what's provided, whenever it's provided. If I'm paying for a service, there's a little more of an expectation of some kind of service.

Most of the information on the Internet is free, which is wonderful...but when we come to expect that someone should feel a sense of urgency for what's important to us, and we're not paying for it...it might be time to step back and pause.

I'll get out of the way...my perspective isn't adding much here...my apologies for the offense, Raymie and anyone else who was offended.

Thank you to all on this site and others for your dedicated service!

I think the problem here is the decision to make this a "big deal" by moving it to a Special Forum and making it a "Special Service of Satellite Guys oooh ".

Joe 6 pack now thinks that this is some sort of hot line to Charlie and Eric's programming plans.

As a small thread in Dish Network Forum, it was generally understood to be hobbyist tinkering that sometimes resulted in some interesting information.

Nowadays, you get people who read:

147 ALT moved from Tr 6 to Tr 9

and then beg us to interpret this as which new group of HD Locals is being turned on. :rolleyes:

digi please continue your work. we all truly appreciate your work. thank you

by the way from personal experience with P.Smith he isn't a bad person just sometimes his expressions are misinterpreted.

Hey man, you got it wrong way - don't to be too sensitive.
It's about diversification and redundancy; shouldn't be a problem for you if someone will help if you're busy or like take a break from the job.
And you who got first the ability a couple months ago, btw.

I believe JohnH and I do a great job. If a third person wants to jump in for issues in the data stream, coding, or whatever then get to coding.

Unfortunately I don't have as much time as I did 6 months ago plus I have some added personal responsibilities that have taken up my hobby time of coding for the uplink report tool here. Last week was the first run of the new engine and it didn't do as bad as I expected. I try to run as much as I can through the engine when I was developing it but not every scenario is going to pop up. I knew it would have some growing pains and when I was fixing last weeks issues I left some "jump out" code in the routines that I forgot about since I came down with an illness Thurs-Sun. Hold your britches.... if you are dying to see some changes go to TheList and look around to see if you see anything new. Most of us are looking for new HD so it doesn't take long to look at 61.5/129 and the few 8PSK TP's on 110.

Don't worry anyone, I'm not going anywhere. This is my home.