Uplink Activity Report - 6/19/2008 12:22pm - 7 changes

That means nothing, since Dish is converting all SD locals to digital feeds.

Plenty of markets that won't have HD locals on satellite for 3 years, nevertheless no have their SD locals from digital feeds.

This is because in February, all the analog feeds will be gone !

Yeah, I think most people on here know about the switch to digital. The point I was trying to make is that if they're using the digital feeds from the local stations, wouldn't they receive any HD content broadcast by the stations? Since they have the digital signal from the stations, and the channels are uplinked on the bird, what would cause the hold up?

The SD channels feed to a different satellite. Which means fiber to a different uplink center. So, even if they are using the center of the HD feed for SD when uplinking does not mean that the fiber, encoders or other uplink needed items are in place for the HD channels.

...I guess that means there will be at least one more up-link report before the Starz preview begins tomorrow :)...
Or maybe not:( Starz preview is currently showing Spiderman 3 :)

FWIW the All Channels EPG predicted that this Starz channel would begin a little earlier than 12AM to catch all of Spiderman3. The other 2 Starz Preview Channels (ala EPG) should come live at midnight.

Talon Dancer

I don't understand why Charlie said that GR locals would be available on 6/19 and didn't deliver. Doesn't he realize that makes him look extremely un-credible in the customers eye? If you make promises you have to deliver. Dish Network does not know how to do that.

I don't understand why Charlie said that GR locals would be available on 6/19 and didn't deliver. Doesn't he realize that makes him look extremely un-credible in the customers eye? If you make promises you have to deliver. Dish Network does not know how to do that.

Talk is cheap. Charlie has that move down pat. You cannot believe what he says.

Sent another letter to Mr Ergen. Cannot wait to see what response I get this time!

It doesn't seem to hurt the credibility of those that make "* will launch next week" post on this site. ;)

Talk is cheap. Charlie has that move down pat. You cannot believe what he says.

Sent another letter to Mr Ergen. Cannot wait to see what response I get this time!

The official response from "Mr. Ergen" was;

Dear ----------,

"Thank you for your email. We do apologize for the inconvenience. At this time, we do not have any information available regarding the availability of Local HD channels in your area.

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to DISH Network -- Home or reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Sherry I.

DISH Network eCare

Pine Brook"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts