Uplink Activity Report - 6/25/2008 12:38pm - 76 changes

there is 20 slots available from voom. don't know what is the hold up to fill these up. if it wasn't for that i wouldn't be expecting anything right now.

Yes, this is a lot of activity for today. I wasn't expecting anything. Shows they are working behind the scenes to get the smart cards updated and getting Peachtree out to those in the Atlanta Braves area that are not getting it currently.

Is WWMT Grand Rapids not lit up due to a technical problem or a contract problem? It's the only one I can't get HD on with my rabbit ears, figures!

there is 20 slots available from voom. don't know what is the hold up to fill these up. if it wasn't for that i wouldn't be expecting anything right now.

The hold up is that Dish Network has not come to an agreement with the providers of the remaining National HD channels, at a low enough price to keep the cost of the "HD Only" package close to its current price.

There is currently enough bandwidth for all the HD channels that they have contracts for.

Launching of new satellites for more bandwidth is to provide more markets of HD Locals - since that is what drives sales (ask a retailer).

You didn't listen to the podcast did you? ;) Just because there is room doesn't mean they have the video and encoders wired up to fill those 20 spots.

So, it looks like the summary is:

- Smart Card Data and Info channels
- UNI-HD made Free Preview through 7/30
- Sirius Channel renumbering :
2 The Bridge Moves to SIRIUS 12 Ch. 12
2 is now Starlite - Light Pop Hits
33 Area 33 Moves to Area 38 Ch. 38
34 Boombox Moves to Ch. 39
70 SIRIUS Disorder Moves to Ch. 33
85 Met Opera Moves to Ch. 78
86 SIRIUS Pops Moves to Ch. 79
90 Universo Latino Moves to Ch. 82
92 Rumbon Moves to Ch. 83
97 Reggae Rhythms Moves to Ch. 84
- 61.5 HD Locals now available in:
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Chicago, Illinois
Raleigh, North Carolina
Memphis, Tennessee
- Added SD local channels (or slots) for Bozeman and Laredo

Is that correct ?

Last edited:
So, it looks like the summary is:

- Smart Card Data and Info channels
- UNI-HD Preview or package change
- Sirius Channel renumbering (e.g. "Area 33" is now "Area 38")
- 61.5 HD Locals now available in:
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Chicago, Illinois
Raleigh, North Carolina
Memphis, Tennessee

Is that correct ?

That pretty much sums it up.

You didn't listen to the podcast did you? ;) Just because there is room doesn't mean they have the video and encoders wired up to fill those 20 spots.

I don't even know what a podcast is! BUT they uploaded the 21 new HD channels before they lowered the Boom on Voom, so shouldn't they be wired for at least 15 new channels NOW?

I don't like to listen to people talking either so I don't listen to the Podcast. Looks like rumors or news are no longer posted in the Pub anymore and the only way to find out about them is to force you to listen to the podcast. :(

I called Dish about 5min ago and they said we don't have Grand Rapids as to having HD locals yet.... So did I jump the gun and have to wait till Thursday 06/26/08 to call and find out what I need to do to get them?

Thanks

COOL! The Raleigh, NC HD channels are now available on 61.5!! I have been waiting for this since they were moved there in March. Can't wait to get home and check them out!:D

Hmm, if I am on the HD-only pkg does this mean I could ditch my 1000.2 (which I think I only needed for the Ral locals being on 129?) and get a much better signal now?

If so, I think the conclusion is that you are hard-pressed to get this for free (unless you re-up your 2 yr agreement), but we might be able to get it for ~$60?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts