Uplink Activity Report - 8/1/2008 4:02pm - 1 change

D

DigiSAT Uplink Report

Original poster
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 8/1/2008 4:02pm - 1 change

Uplink Comparison Range: 08/01/2008 03:01P - 08/01/2008 04:01P

Channel Additions:
852 - SETA [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar8 110W TP 06 ConUS beam (A)

Channels in the system: 5076
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers

Adding Setanta Sports Channel in the Dish Latino range, no doubt due to unexpectedly high subscription rates for that English Language channel amongst those that subscribe to Dish Latino.

However, from reading soccer Forums, I think that it some of those are English-speaking soccer fans who prefer the Dish Latino pacikages to America's Top __ because they can see the Latin American leagues soccer matches...

UPDATE: The timing of this move is due to the fact that Dish Network has removed GolTV channel due to a rate dispute. GolTV has a Spanish Language feed that is included in Dish Latino packages, hence the addition of a Setanta presence in the Dish Latino channel number range...

Last edited:
"UPDATE: The timing of this move is due to the fact that Dish Network has removed GolTV channel due to a rate dispute. GolTV has a Spanish Language feed that is included in Dish Latino packages, hence the addition of a Setanta presence in the Dish Latino channel number range..."

kstuart,

GolTV is still there on the Dish Latino package but if you press INFO, it tells you that: "GolTV has removed this channel and we're working to solve the problem". They also list a phone number. They're still showing soccer on GolTV but looks like it won't be for long. Setanta is welcome but it won't be anything close to GolTV for the Dish Latino subscribers.

How I would translate the message appearing on what is normally GolTV: "GolTV has removed this channel after proposing unreasonable contract renewal terms. We are working on a solution to the problem. 888-248-3065"

This is what I am seeing on channel 407, which is currently showing what appears to be a 2006 La Liga (Spain) match between FC Barcelona and Betis on Fox Sports Espanol - neither of the matches between the two were close. The one they are showing is already a 4-1 score in the 25th minute.

Last edited:
Good translation, I didn't want to translate the whole thing but I should have. The soccer they're showing is from Fox Sports Español so GolTV is gone.