Uplink Activity Report - 9/17/2008 1:02pm - 128 changes

There is no official Dish Network announcement regarding the conversion of MPEG2-HD channels to MPEG4-HD.

Some members have reported that they have been told by CS reps "September 17".

However, Dish does not want any customers to lose their HD channels because the installer has not yet reached them with a 722 or 211. So, it is certainly possible for the date to be pushed back.

But whatever day it occurs, it will be between midnight ET and 5am ET.

PS Last time I checked, sarcasm was a form of negative comment.

Maybe it will be used for the South America World Cup Qualifiers. Right now it's on a PPV channel in the 400s and more people will probably order the games if they could see the channel in the 800s where the Dish Latino package is.

I am confused. My HD locals were uplinked at the end of May (Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, and Hazelton, PA). They were never made available and I see that today they were all removed. The only added today says "14976 - WNEP3 [EPG] added to EchoStar7 119W TP 01 Northeast beam (NA)(Scranton, PA)" I realize it's still NA, but they took it off 61.5, and put it on 119 EPG? I am confused. Can anyone explain this to me? (This is a DMA that was scheduled to go HD back in July - like many others.) Are today's changes a step forward for the people in my area or a step back (or a step sideways)?

I too am in this area (Williamsport PA) and hope that Dish adds these channels back too!

Sarcasm is not only negativity, it is more negative than a non-saracastic statement of the same thing, since it also is mocking and insulting.

It is only humorous to those who agree with the statement.

When the sarcastic statement is false, it automatically loses it humorous aspect.

Sarcasm is not only negativity, it is more negative than a non-saracastic statement of the same thing, since it also is mocking and insulting.

When the sarcastic statement is false, it automatically loses it humorous aspect.

How's this for sarcasm: you seem like a really happy guy with a great sense of humor :D

There is no official Dish Network announcement regarding the conversion of MPEG2-HD channels to MPEG4-HD.

Some members have reported that they have been told by CS reps "September 17".
Obviously, because Dish Network doesn't issue official announcements until the channels are lit and available and/or features are actually available. But, the prevailing sentiment of members of this board, including Scott G., is it would happen about now...

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1502247-post47.html

Which ones?
Here are some I know for sure. 5182, wavy, it say memphis. It is norfolk. 5181, wtkr, it says grand rapids, it is norfolk. 5171, wnct, it says orlando, it is greenville, nc. 5173, wsyt, it says new bern, but it is not new bern, don't know who it is. 5152, wis, it says tampa, it is columbia, sc. 5180, wvec, it says providence, but it is norfolk. These are the ones I recognize. Thanks for all your hard work!

Or when sarcasm is true and humorous and the recipient is somewhat dense and doesn't understand that it is true annnnnnd meant to be humorous (ie. "The Daily Show, The Colbert Report" etc.).:D

Obviously, because Dish Network doesn't issue official announcements until the channels are lit and available and/or features are actually available. But, the prevailing sentiment of members of this board, including Scott G., is it would happen about now...

Exactly.

But that won't prevent people saying "Charlie Lies !" if it doesn't happen on the timetable suggested by other SG members. :rolleyes:

can anyone provide any insight into why HD channels uplinked in markets that have been announced as upcoming in Fall 08 were suddenly removed? does it mean they aren't coming at all....is it a prelude to making available....or does it not definitively mean anything one way or the other ?

Or when sarcasm is true and humorous and the recipient is somewhat dense and doesn't understand that it is true annnnnnd meant to be humorous (ie. "The Daily Show, The Colbert Report" etc.).:D

Uh, who is the "recipient" of a TV comedy show ? :confused:

If Colbert is looking at the camera, reporting on a political situation, and making a snarkey remark, if his remark is true, it is funny, and if it is not, then it is not funny.

The "recipient" - i.e. the viewer - doesn't affect whether it is true or whether it is funny - just whether they appreciate it or not.

Oversimplifeid example:

Guy: " The sky is green. "

Mr. Sarcastic: " Yeah, right, sure, uh huh. "

as opposed to:

Guy: " The sky is blue. "

Mr. Idiot: " Yeah, right, sure, uh huh. "

The difference is that Mr. Sarcastic is coming from a position of understanding of the situation, whereas Mr. Idiot is employing the exact same sarcasm, but entirely lacks any real knowledge of the situation.

Summary:

Dish Network does enough stupid things, and has enough problems, without people attacking them for not doing things they never said they would do.

Can someone start a "What is sarcasm" thread in the "Who Cares" Forum so we can keep this one on topic?

I must have forgot that Satguys is getting so uptight that no one can say anything without someone inspecting each word and then jump on someone else for trying to have a little fun around here. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts