Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
As you might have noticed we now have 2 DISH Network Uplink forums here at SatelliteGuys.US!

One is this forum that you're in now and the other one is an archive of Uplink Center Posts.

The reason this was done was a technical one, we had special software custom written for us many years ago which allows us to import messages from other sources such as our Uplink Software. These messages are automatically imported into our forum software when there is a new update the system notices and imports it.

With the crash of the Uplink processing software which required 4 weeks of work from DIGIBLUR and his Mystery Helper (no its not me) and the upgrade of our forum software from the vBulletin 3 series to vBulletin 4.07 caused an issue in our importing program.

The issue was that the message ID of the post being sent from the Uplink software was not matched to the message ID on the importing software (which gets this information from vBulletin) because of this when a new Uplink Report was available for posting the system would look at the message ID and look at the system last message ID and because there was such a wide difference between the two the importer software would not post the uplink report as it thought it posted it before.

So what I did to trick the system is create a new forum and reset the last post message ID to zero on the import software and because the new forum had zero messages in it the two synced up. It was a nice trick and it worked! This forum you are in now is the new forum.

The importer software has some slack in it for those pointers, I tried copying all the uplink reports into the new forum, but that broke things. So I copied them back to where they were before. Then I copied the threads and posts from the last few days to the new forum and tested the importer again and it worked. :)

If the uplink software was running correctly when we did our software upgrade this probably wouldn't have happened, but since the time of the software update to now there have been over 15,000 posts made! :)

So now we have a fully functioning automated Uplink Report once again for you!

As of November 15th the Uplink Center Archive forum will be moved with the rest of the archives.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you for being SatelliteGuys!!

Last edited by a moderator:
After a couple months uplink reports really lose their value. With "The List" to track all the current channels, one could probably archive everything in this forum after 90 days.

Scott, could we get this into the list of excludable forums in the settings menu?

No interest unless you are a dish customer.

After a couple months uplink reports really lose their value. With "The List" to track all the current channels, one could probably archive everything in this forum after 90 days.

I actually search through older uplink reports all the time, for various reasons.

But they can certainly be archived in another forum.