UPlink report for today 4/5/2017

I wonder if the two different channel 71's (071-00 SD and 71 HD) caused the weird problem I noticed when I was flipping through the channels on my ViP211k last night. When I would channel up from my local channel, it would skip the SD 071-00 and go straight to the HD 71. That would not be so bad, except that it would not go past channel 71 no matter how many times I pressed the channel up button. Then, when I would press the channel down button just once, it would again skip the SD 071-00 and go back to my local channel. Is anyone else seeing this behavior?
When I posted that, my ViP211k was still hooked up to Western Arc. Since I have both dishes, I decided to try Eastern Arc to see if that would help. Now, when I channel surf either direction (channel up or down) it gets stuck on the SD 071-00. My deactivated ViP211k hooked up to the same dish does not have this problem because it is not authorized for the HD feed. Even though (from what I can tell by looking at James Long's uplink report) it appears to be a problem with the HD feed not being formatted properly to co-exist with the SD feed on the same channel number, I agree with sundude90: Dish should remove the SD 071-00, at least on Eastern Arc.

Well, since Dish removed the SD version of 071-00 a couple of weeks ago, I have not had this problem again on either arc, so it was definitely some kind of conflict between the two different channel 71's causing the problem. I am glad it is fixed. Let's hope it stays that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)