Uplink reports - any listing on firmware changes

NR2D

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
Laurel Springs NJ
I see that Scott posts the Uplink reports. Is there any lists of firmware/software changes that have been made to a receiver. The reason I ask is that my daughter and husband have lost use of their external hard drive with their 722K all of a sudden. I posted this in the Dish Tech Support section and was told to have them request a re-hit. I don't know if they have made the call yet. So I'd like to see if there were any changes that would have affected the external hard drive made recently. This occurred last week.

Did you try unplugging and replugging the hard drive? Sometimes my hopper loses connection and I have to unplug and replug.

Is there any lists of firmware/software changes that have been made to a receiver.
Dish used to sometimes provide details for new software, although they usually also included "misc fixes". As TheKrell mentioned, one member used to track software versions that were "in the stream" but it only was the version #. No details of what was changed were included, let alone known.

Reactions: TheKrell
Years ago, Dish software release notes were actually posted on this site for each new software release. That was nice while it lasted. Then, suddenly, the release notes stopped. The excuse that Dish gave at the time was 'the person that used to provide the release notes no longer works here'. Dish never said why someone else could not take over. I think the real reason was that Dish just did not want to give out that information any longer.

I never understood why Dish can't provide release notes for their software. It is a common practice for many companies.

Dish used to sometimes provide details for new software, although they usually also included "misc fixes". As TheKrell mentioned, one member used to track software versions that were "in the stream" but it only was the version #. No details of what was changed were included, let alone known.

Yeah. The only useful feature of that member's sleuthing that I found was a list of firmware-acceptable disk models for Dish DVRs.

Reactions: 3HaloODST
Of course, it also prompted multiple "this sucks, I'm still on the *old* version" (when they didn't get updated in the first wave) or "how do I force an update?" questions...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheKrell
I see that Scott posts the Uplink reports. Is there any lists of firmware/software changes that have been made to a receiver. The reason I ask is that my daughter and husband have lost use of their external hard drive with their 722K all of a sudden. I posted this in the Dish Tech Support section and was told to have them request a re-hit. I don't know if they have made the call yet. So I'd like to see if there were any changes that would have affected the external hard drive made recently. This occurred last week.

Ask for a "Hit" to refresh your services, that may fix it.

Did you try unplugging and replugging the hard drive? Sometimes my hopper loses connection and I have to unplug and replug.
The receiver having the problem is a 722K. I showed my oldest grand-daughter how to do a receiver reset and told her to try that. I guess I'll tell them
to try unplugging and plugging in the receiver next.

They always neglected to note the "misc breakage" that inevitably came alongside the "misc fixes" though :biggrin .

I always looked forward to seeing those "release notes" though, they always gave me a good chuckle. Between the cryptic descriptions and the "misc fixes," they were a good way to kill a couple minutes when you were bored, plus they were something to look forward to, it was nice to be "in-the-know" :oldlaugh .

There indeed was time when I dreaded the software updates, either what I had worked just fine, or the problems I had were better than the fix.

Reactions: charlesrshell
There indeed was time when I dreaded the software updates, either what I had worked just fine, or the problems I had were better than the fix.
Or something would get eliminated like the little blue S for saved PTAT recordings. It was such a little thing that was really neat for me. I saw no need to do a away with it.

The receiver having the problem is a 722K. I showed my oldest grand-daughter how to do a receiver reset and told her to try that. I guess I'll tell them
to try unplugging and plugging in the receiver next.

Try unplugging and replugging the ext hard drive USB cable, not the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)