UPS = No Brokerage Fee?

rkrenicki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 11, 2005
I recieved my Starchoice hardware today, and the UPS guy didnt ask me for any Brokerage fees.. Just handed me the box, and went on his way.

Is UPS's Brokerage charge a hit-or-miss kind of thing? I was under the impression they would not release the package to me without collecting it.

I guess I am very glad I didnt spring for the 3 day shipping, as it saved me $50 ;)

I haven't received one in the many times I have orderd from kusat

Both my SC and EVu systems came with no customs fee :)

heh, I was kind of worried, my Starchoice system came in an ExpressVu box, I thought they shipped the wrong thing to me at first, then I took another look and it was a box for the Evu HD system (the equivilent of the 811 here) which got me excited ;)

But alas, it is just my humble DSR205 system.

Damn, this dish is wide.. my co-workers keep looking at me funny while I assemble this dish at work (remember, I work at a cable company ;) )

Nope.. 60E Still damn wide tho ;) 31x16 inches according to this website, but I havent measured it yet.. I believe it because it looks twice as wide as tall

We order stuff from Canada and overseas quite often. We haven't been charged duty even once (knock on wood - sorry I am tempting the Karma gods)...

When I ordered receivers from kusat I was charged brokerage. I actually got the bill in the mail a while later.

I got a bill from UPS and had no idea what it was for so I diregarded it and never got another.
I wasn't trying to stiff anyone, I just didn't know what the bill I got a month after delivery of my system was for.

I got a bill couple of days ago from UPS (brokerage fees) for $21.56 on my recently bought bev system. So you are saying its probably safe to throw it in the trash ? ;)

janzy said:
I got a bill from UPS and had no idea what it was for so I diregarded it and never got another.
I wasn't trying to stiff anyone, I just didn't know what the bill I got a month after delivery of my system was for.

It was raining pretty badly the other day, and the 60e held up like a champ, not a single drop out.

I didnt think to check my signal levels however.. As if right now, I am still getting 75-80, but its a nice day out today.

Then again, I am pretty far north.. I seem to remember seeing a chart saying that 60e was recommended for this area, but I couldnt tell you where that was.. I have been trying to find that map again..

Well, I recieved a bill for $21.50 for the brokerage on my DSR500.. oh well, I guess you cant always get away from it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts