UPS says keep receipt

If you don't find that the tracking # shows up on the UPS service site show up as delivered. FOLLOW THRU with contacting Dish and UPS. I've returned receivers twice, and both times it never shows up as delivered (I think it showed out for delivery but no futher). Apparently UPS delivers so many returned boxes to Dish that they don't bother getting the proper confirmation of deliver. And as several people, such as Claude in his post above, have said, the RA department is a black hole. You need to get them to confirm a return so that hopefully they never charge you, or at least quickly credit you.

I probably am about to go through this as I have Fios scheduled to replace Dish next month. Once I cancel dish I have threee leased receivers that they probably want back.

Whenever you are asked to do an RMA for something, always use a traceable service like fedex or UPS. The postal service is getting better but they stillhave a problem scanning packages into the system.

And always keep your receipts and tracking numbers. Even when the receiving party say's that they received it.
I have had several electronics manufacturers over the years send me replacement equipment and then many months later try to charge me for the new equipment saying I never sent back the old equipment.

It's better to be safe than sorry.

As for UPS and Dishes relationship.
There is a memo in most UPS store's about Dish's inability to keep track of their returns and to tell customers to keep their receipts.
Seems that dish likes to file lost claims against UPS insurance and to charge customers for the receivers.

But it's not just Dish, Walmart does the same exact thing to UPS in it's shipping departments.

I bought a receiver a few weeks back from Claude at the Dishstore.net to replace a leased receiver. Being familiar with the horror stories I've read here over the years, I will...

1) Keep the invoice that accompanied the Dishstore.net receiver to dispute any possible DISH Network claims that it's leased.

2) After returning the leased receiver to DISH that was replaced by the aforementioned purchase, I am keeping copies of its tracking history I printed from UPS.com plus keeping the email generated from DISH that they received my leased receiver.

Here's my story. Knowing UPS and Dish, a few years back I had a replacement receiver sent out for a defective receiver. I boxed up the defective receiver, made a copy of the shipping label, took it to UPS and made sure to get a dropoff receipt. A few weeks go by and I get a call from my CC company about a charge from Dishnetwork on my CC. They had charged me for not returning the receiver (it was a 622, so it was $600 if I remember correctly). I looked up the tracking number and it showed that it was delivered. I called Dish and told them they did have it and that they could look up the tracking number and see it was delivered. The CSR told me that they did not get it and that I couldn't just give them a tracking number, they needed proof that I actually dropped off the package. They claimed that I could have just used a bogus tracking number that didn't actually belong to the box I returned. Can you believe that!?!? A bogus tracking number?!?! Luckily, I had heeded the warning from here and kept everything and gotten a drop-off receipt. I faxed them over and they corrected it the next day.

Then you have my wife, who when we moved in together cancelled her dish service, boxed up the receivers and thought she sent them back. Almost two years later we found them in the garage when doing some spring cleaning. Dish never charged her CC for it (we went back and checked from the month before she moved to the present). It was just a 625 and a 322, but I was shocked that they didn't charge her CC within a month or two (or even two years later). We contemplated sending them back, but figure that it will create even more problems if they get it two years later. Although knowing Dish I wouldn't be surprised if they do charge her someday.

Here's my story. Knowing UPS and Dish, a few years back I had a replacement receiver sent out for a defective receiver. I boxed up the defective receiver, made a copy of the shipping label, took it to UPS and made sure to get a dropoff receipt. A few weeks go by and I get a call from my CC company about a charge from Dishnetwork on my CC. They had charged me for not returning the receiver (it was a 622, so it was $600 if I remember correctly). I looked up the tracking number and it showed that it was delivered. I called Dish and told them they did have it and that they could look up the tracking number and see it was delivered. The CSR told me that they did not get it and that I couldn't just give them a tracking number, they needed proof that I actually dropped off the package. They claimed that I could have just used a bogus tracking number that didn't actually belong to the box I returned. Can you believe that!?!? A bogus tracking number?!?! Luckily, I had heeded the warning from here and kept everything and gotten a drop-off receipt. I faxed them over and they corrected it the next day.

Then you have my wife, who when we moved in together cancelled her dish service, boxed up the receivers and thought she sent them back. Almost two years later we found them in the garage when doing some spring cleaning. Dish never charged her CC for it (we went back and checked from the month before she moved to the present). It was just a 625 and a 322, but I was shocked that they didn't charge her CC within a month or two (or even two years later). We contemplated sending them back, but figure that it will create even more problems if they get it two years later. Although knowing Dish I wouldn't be surprised if they do charge her someday.

That is so funny, you make up a fake tracking number that says it was sent to their depot. lol

Great advice from UPS. I can relate. I returned receivers, Lnbs, cords, remotes and everything. Dish tried to bill me for not returning the items. I called a total of 4 times till finally the CSR, Someone with brains removed the charges. I kept my receipts, tracked the package and made notes of who signed for the returned items. Trust but verify. You have to cover your ...

Good Luck!

when i upgraded a 311 to a 612 the tech took my old receiver. dish ended up charging me for it even though i told them twice that the tech took it.

ps, sorry for the other post, computer messed up and i can't delete it.

when i upgraded a 311 to a 612 the tech took my old receiver. dish ended up charging me for it even though i told them twice that the tech took it.

ps, sorry for the other post, computer messed up and i can't delete it.

yeah, thats why i asked the tech to put the reciver number in addittion to the serial number on the work order saying he took it, the tech was good and said he knew dish could be a pain in the you know what. I have a copy of the order, if they try anything funny i have proof. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts