UPSET WITH DISH AND MY HOPPER UPGRADE $$$

Well i gave in finally and placed my order after canceling the first two times :D It is due to be installed Wednesday. Although I ordered Directv for my moms house and they are installing it tomorrow so i am very interested in seeing what there new HD Guide looks like. There horrible guides are what basically kept me from going to directv all these years.

Anyway...the third time around i got the "new customer" deal that is advertised on the website minus the FREE hopper, i did pay the $99 but i also received the free HBO/STARZ for 3 months along with Blockbuster for 3 months. I was transferred in a chat to the loyalty department after stating to the first rep that i could get a even better deal at directv when signing up for there service. Once i said that she transferred me and they immediately gave me the offer i mentioned.

The first two times i ordered they only gave me blockbuster.

Well i gave in finally and placed my order after canceling the first two times :D It is due to be installed Wednesday. Although I ordered Directv for my moms house and they are installing it tomorrow so i am very interested in seeing what there new HD Guide looks like. There horrible guides are what basically kept me from going to directv all these years.

Anyway...the third time around i got the "new customer" deal that is advertised on the website minus the FREE hopper, i did pay the $99 but i also received the free HBO/STARZ for 3 months along with Blockbuster for 3 months. I was transferred in a chat to the loyalty department after stating to the first rep that i could get a even better deal at directv when signing up for there service. Once i said that she transferred me and they immediately gave me the offer i mentioned.

The first two times i ordered they only gave me blockbuster.

I was quote $100 today plus $100 install. I am going to see if I can do better... been with dish 5 years. Coming from a 622

That's as good as it gets. You don't have the monthly service plan, do you? If you do, the install is covered so $100 would be the total otherwise.

Misrepresenting your product or pricing to achieve a sale is illegal in the state of Minnesota. It is also illegal in other states though you would have to talk to the person responsible for consumer protection things in your state (typically the Attorney General). Training of staff that interact with customers is important so that your employees do not make promises you are unwilling to fulfill, since most state laws require that you do fulfill on your promises to customers.

If a dish employee tells a prospective customer or existing customer that they can place an order for services and/or products, and all costs will be waived, then dish is required to waive those costs. If they attempt to then collect from the customer fees the customer was told were waved, then Dish is acting illegally, or would be doing so in Minnesota.

This reminds me of the Two other threads here on the AMC / VOOM / Dish Court Case.
Basically Dish said they would give it to you for free, then they realized you really were not a dish customer the whole 13 years as you did take some vacations and you were away from your house part of the time. While you were away you were not a customer thus they have to charge you the $100.
Just joking . . . . . .You got to read the other threads and the court case to get it.

Yes, it is the going rate. However the sales reps have been all over the place on price quotes and may have incorrectly stated that there was no cost for the upgrade. If I had been quoted a no cost upgrade and received a bill for $100, I'd be upset too even if the going rate is $100.

Yes I was one of them, the first two reps on launch day quoted me $0 for two Hoppers, 3 Joeys. Which I knew wasn't right and finally the 3rd rep quoted me $100 for that setup. I got an email and while the price was right the last rep only gave me an order for 1 Hopper/3 Joeys. Finally I went to a DIRT TEAM Member and it was $100 per Hopper, the three Joeys and installation was free.

I was quote $100 today plus $100 install. I am going to see if I can do better... been with dish 5 years. Coming from a 622

That's as good as it gets. You don't have the monthly service plan, do you? If you do, the install is covered so $100 would be the total otherwise.
No it isn't. $100 total is the good rate. That is what I, and most of the members here who posted in the upgrade cost thread were charged. There were exceptions, of course. But, the majority paid $100 total. (There was the rare occasional $0, as well.)

No it isn't. $100 total is the good rate. That is what I, and most of the members here who posted in the upgrade cost thread were charged. There were exceptions, of course. But, the majority paid $100 total. (There was the rare occasional $0, as well.)
Does he have the service plan ? You don't know.... If he was quoted $100 for equipment and $100 for install, that's typical for customers who do NOT have the plan. Add the plan, it's just $100 for the equipment.

Does he have the service plan ? You don't know.... If he was quoted $100 for equipment and $100 for install, that's typical for customers who do NOT have the plan. Add the plan, it's just $100 for the equipment.
Mine was $100 total. Perhaps I had the SP. If I did, it was part of a promo, as I have never paid for it, and do not have it now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts