Upstate SC Satellite help needed!

lancer525

Original poster
Oct 14, 2010
South Carolina
I am really in need of finding someone who knows what they're doing when it comes to troubleshooting Satellite Internet.

I have HughesNet (I hate them) and my connection has been getting slower, and slower, and slower over the past few months. HughesNet wants $275.00 up front to even step on my property, plus whatever it will cost to "fix" their equipment. And that's after a long, frustrating conversation with some guy in India reading out of a manual.

I don't know if its the modem, the dish or what. I've tried to read in various satellite forums, but all the posts are written like whomever wrote them expects that everyone knows what they know. I don't know anything about this, to the point that I don't even know how to describe what its doing, except to say that my computer now takes upwards of 20 minutes to load a page, and even something as simple as Yahoo Messenger cannot connect. The "troubleshooting" page on the HughesNet portal says that everything's fine, that I have good signal strength, and everything is working properly. But, it isn't. I had to post this from work, because I don't have a good connection.

Can someone please help me?

Well, given what you've posted so far - I suggest you bite the bullet and have a tech come out. But I believe you misunderstood the price. They bill a standard $125 up front, but may credit some or all of that depending upon the nature of the problem reported by the repairman. Equipment comes with a warranty under all the subscription plans, and costs nothing to replace under the lease plan. Another suggestion, is that you pay the extra $5/month (or whatever they're charging now) for their equipment protection plan. That way, you get the repair guy out faster - at no additional cost to you.

//greg//

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts