"US iPad Data Cost Versus the World"

Interesting. I wonder how much of pricing is based on infrastructure costs. US is huge compared to Singapore. More cells needed here, backend hauls, fiber distances, etc - more infrastructure more $

More cells needed here, backend hauls, fiber distances, etc - more infrastructure more $
It can't be much worse than in Canada but costs twice...

Wireless license cost can be one reason. Stratospheric salary of execs - definitely a component. Marketing budget...

Diogen.

It can't be much worse than in Canada but costs twice...

Wireless license cost can be one reason. Stratospheric salary of execs - definitely a component. Marketing budget...

Diogen.

It's much worse than Canada. A very large portion of Canada has no cell coverage because the population is mostly concentrated along the US border.

It's much worse than Canada. A very large portion of Canada has no cell coverage because the population is mostly concentrated along the US border.
Says who?
You understand that blank qualitative statements like this mean nothing, don't you?

This has been discussed gazillion times when talking about broadband coverage: those patriotic statements are nothing but BS.
If you don't like the Canada example, look at Scandinavia where a good part of Swedes has islands with broadband coverage.

Diogen.

Says who?
You understand that blank qualitative statements like this mean nothing, don't you?
I assumed you could use a search engine to find the population distribution of Canada and the service areas of the various cell companies operating there.

This has been discussed gazillion times when talking about broadband coverage: those patriotic statements are nothing but BS.
If you don't like the Canada example, look at Scandinavia where a good part of Swedes has islands with broadband coverage.
Scandinavia isn't even on your chart so your point is moot.

I assumed you could...
I see...
I in turn assumed you would try to brush up on your reading comprehension skills before replying.
But I guess for self proclaimed non-fanboys this is wishful thinking...

Diogen.

EDIT
Here is the best attempt I've ever seen to question broadband penetration comparison
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...-verizons-ceo-on-us-broadband-awesomeness.ars
It essentially boils down to one thing: we can always invent metrics where we win!
Very much resembling iPhone arguments...:)

EDIT 2
And when you have a bit more time, have a look at the smartphone history from a Scandinavian POV
http://communities-dominate.blogs.c...smartphones-us-vs-rest-of-world-compared.html

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)