USAL plugin for satellite PCI cards

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jerryt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 23, 2005
South Florida
Started playing around with MiBi's positioner plugin "SS2diseqc1.9" and it is awesome!!

Calculates the "go to XX" angle for all available satellites based on your lat and long, and then drives the dish. Having the ablity to select all the satellites by USAL while running MyTheatre is great.

I got everything up and running without having to save positions in the positioner. The plugin stores the "go to angles" in the computer, which is great because I like to back up that file.

The plugin learns which transponder is on which satellite, so the first time you select a channel you may have to manual select the satellite in the plugin. After that the plugin will automatically go the correct satellite with each channel change. No more programing positions in the positioner and MyTheatre. Can you say AWESOME!!!!

Another feature is called "Max Tune" where the plugin automatically tunes the dish for best signal and then can shift the entire arc for you. For example you have AMC3 at 1.4 degrees East and Max Tune finds the strongest signal at 1.6 degrees East, Well you could try and rotate the entire dish .2 degrees East or just let MiBi's plugin automatically change all the "go to XX" angles East by .2 degrees. Did I say? AWESOME!!!!!

I have this working with a SkyStar 2 card but MiBi's readme indicates that the plugin will work with any DBcore application.

This plugin only works with the Skystar 2 card, I can't get it to work with my Twinhan card.

Also the plugin won't work if the cable is looped through my Twinhan card or if I have a satellite finder inline with the LNB.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)