Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
I purchaBle Soleil USB Bluetooth dongle to connect my Nokia 6102i phone to my PC. I ws told that Windows XP SP2 woul djust recognize the dongle and install the driver. well it did not. I installed Blue Soleil's own driver but the phone and Nokia s/w can't see it.

Geronimo said:
I purchaBle Soleil USB Bluetooth dongle to connect my Nokia 6102i phone to my PC. I ws told that Windows XP SP2 woul djust recognize the dongle and install the driver. well it did not. I installed Blue Soleil's own driver but the phone and Nokia s/w can't see it.

Bluetooth can get so darned complicated. Problem you are seeing is that BT supports application profiles and the dongle has to support the same one the phone supports. I don't know much about the Nokia, but some phones only support the headset profile. Conversely, some dongles only support remote keyboard/mouse profiles.

Life would be simpler if Microsoft supported BCSP or RFCOM, but they chose not to make the entry points available in the developer kit.

Bottom line, unless both sides have a data transfer profile (the same one) it will not work

For better answers, search out a user forum for your phone. Try www.howardforums.com

Last edited:
nokia supports (supposedly) using bluetooth to synch the phone and PC. The phone forums i ahve tried all tell me taht it works flawlessly or that they never got it to work. I seem to be in the latter camp.

I will have to get my hnds on another brand. I have indeed given up on the Blue Soleil.

Status
Not open for further replies.