USB Flash - Watch Out for this Product!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
Check out this scam.... buyer beware!!!

DAHUA Technology (Shenzhen) Co.Limited its website: www.flashsupplier.xxx. starts the special offer of The Capacity Upgraded USB Flash Drive at extremely low price, widely used on Promotional Activities, Marketing Promotion, Advertising Media, Collection and other Gifts Markets

Feature of Capacity Upgraded USB Flash Drive Extremely Low Price: This kind USB upgraded from low capacity which is very cheap price! E.g. 1GB upgraded to 16GB, it is 16GB USB but only spend you the low materials cost of 1GB.

This USB with Real 1GB storage space workable, but it will be recognized as 16GB when connected to computer, and users can keep writing 16GB Data into this USB, hard to realize it is upgraded capacity USB drive!

Highest Competitive Advantage: It allows you to sell the USB Drive much lower than other suppliers, to win more orders! Also it is very economical giveaway gadgets for a start-up company to expand the markets.

The Capacity Upgraded USB is mostly used for promotional gifts purpose, we only accept payment through Bank Transfer and Western Union.

If you request the high quality and true capacity USB Flash Drive, Please pull down the page, welcome to mail us for price!

Thanks for the heads up!

Can you imagine trying to support a customer with DVR recordings failing on this device? We would never figure out the issue!

We received this email offer from a supposed certified provider from Global Sources. Would certainly expect this from an Alibaba provider... :eek:

Can you imagine trying to support a customer with DVR recordings failing on this device? We would never figure out the issue!

We received this email offer from a supposed certified provider from Global Sources. Would certainly expect this from an Alibaba provider... :eek:

Yep it would drive you to drank as they say. We would see you on here drunk...:eek: :D

Yes, these kind of scumbags have been selling sticks like this on the Flea for a long time. They just hack the file allocation table to report the bogus capacity. When you write to them, the filename and capacity are updated to make it appear as though everything is okay.

You don't find out that it's a bunch of bs until you try to open the "saved" file. I almost fell for this myself. But the "this is too good to be true" bell just kept going off. So I did a little research and saved myself some grief.

It just stands to reason that no one would really sell a 256GB stick for 40 bucks, lol. As pro96 indicated, the real thing is cheap enough at local outlets. I carry a 32GB stick in my pocket that I got at Staples for $20. At that time, I could've gotten a 64GB stick for $40. If a guy needs to go bigger than that, the USB powered 2.5" external HDDs are getting fairly affordable these days.

Cheers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)