Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamey K

Recovering Voomer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2005
West Texas
So I've decided I want a turntable to convert my vinyl.

I've seen two or three different models and wanted to see if anyone has one and if they like it.

The most popular seems to be the Ion. The complaints about this one have to do with set-up..complicated and buggy. Price is $140

There is one called Audio Technica AT-LP2D LP-to-Digital Recording System and Amazon has it for $88. The low price is actually scaring me a little.

There is Numark for around $168. Again the comments are "devote some time" & "trial & error".

Anyone have one of these or others?

I got to hang out with DJ AM in Las Vegas and watch him work, and he was using USB turntables to scratch, all the music was coming off of his laptop and not the records, when ever he scratched or looped anything he used these albums whiche used all night long (he never changed the records all night long)

I would LOVE to know what program he was using as it was so easy anyone could be a great club DJ. :)

I have a newer Sony, that is not usb, I run the output into the line in on the computer. I record and then convert to MP3.

I got the ION for Christmas.... Still haven't taken it out of the box yet..... Waiting for a slow Sunday to play with it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts