USC Football Gets 2 Year Bowl Ban!

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
This is VERY significant news for the biggest football school West of Austin, Texas...

The USC football program will receive a two-year postseason ban, a reduction in scholarships and a forfeiture of wins from at least the 2004 season when the NCAA releases its sanctions on Thursday, a source told ESPN's Shelley Smith.

The Los Angeles Times reported the NCAA sanctions include the loss of more than 20 scholarships.

ESPN The Magazine's Bruce Feldman confirmed the two-year postseason ban and a reduction in scholarships from a second USC source.

USC will respond Thursday to the NCAA's findings following its investigation into possible violations by the Trojans' football and men's basketball programs, a source told ESPN's Joe Schad.

Source: Two-year postseason ban for USC football - ESPN Los Angeles

i hope they vacate enough wins to vacate their national championship. and i hope bush loses his heisman!

All of which may happen, but as far as the Championship and losing the Heisman .....
Big deal, that means NOTHING.

The people responsible for the mess are all gone and nothing can happen to them.

Just the was it is, you can cheat all you want as long as you get out ahead of time, your golden.

All of which may happen, but as far as the Championship and losing the Heisman .....
Big deal, that means NOTHING.

The people responsible for the mess are all gone and nothing can happen to them.

Just the was it is, you can cheat all you want as long as you get out ahead of time, your golden.

Yeah and I hate that. The school always gets the punishment after everything is said and done and the people there now have to deal with it, when they had nothing to do with it in the first place.

No wonder USC ex Coach Pete Carroll left, he knew something was going down at SC

Yeah and I hate that. The school always gets the punishment after everything is said and done and the people there now have to deal with it, when they had nothing to do with it in the first place.
Lane Kiffin was there when the infractions occurred....

No wonder USC ex Coach Pete Carroll left, he knew something was going down at SC

Of course he did, and they conveniently waited till he left to make a ruling .... this should have been taken care of several years ago.

Bush has been in the NFL for what 5 years now.

Yeah, this has been going down for a couple years now.

As far as the heisman goes, he won't lose that, it has nothing to do with how he played. I don't believe this would change anything as far as that goes.

The National Championship, now that's long gone.

Doesn't really matter. He was there when rules were broken and he's there today when the punishment is handed down. What happened in between are inconsequential...

If anything, it says he's not too bright.

I would have to agree on this one .....

Money must be pretty damn good in LA.

Yeah, this has been going down for a couple years now.

As far as the heisman goes, he won't lose that, it has nothing to do with how he played. I don't believe this would change anything as far as that goes.

The National Championship, now that's long gone.

But still, it doesn't mean a damn thing....

Actually, listening to espn, they are saying Bush would be ruled ineligible for those games, and by rule, a heisman winner has to be eligible for games.

so by by trophy possibly.

Mike Garrett is still there. But for how long, I wonder?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)