USC stripped of 2004 National Championship...

Not a big college football fan along with the rules but what does this mean as far as a national champion? Does that when you list the National Champions for 2004 it will say vacant?? Dumb question but they wont give it to somebody else or anything? Truly an embarrassing moment for USC having been I believe the only College football team to be stripped of there national championship.

Not a big college football fan along with the rules but what does this mean as far as a national champion? Does that when you list the National Champions for 2004 it will say vacant?? Dumb question but they wont give it to somebody else or anything? Truly an embarrassing moment for USC having been I believe the only College football team to be stripped of there national championship.

Good question. Seeing that this is a 1st, I am sure there will be a ton of questions to be asked. I am going to assume it stays vacant with some kind of *. At least that is my guess.

Good that USC got punished for breaking the rules. Even so, OU would have lost that game regardless of whether or not Reggie Bush played. It was a beat-down for 3 and 1/2 quarters.

Too bad Pete Carroll is gone. He surely knew that Reggie's family was accepting gifts.

When Vanessa Williams was dethroned by the Miss America Pageant people back in 1984, they crowned the runner up, Suzette Charles.

I can see them relabeling the trophy for Michigan with an asterisk.

Good that USC got punished for breaking the rules. Even so, OU would have lost that game regardless of whether or not Reggie Bush played. It was a beat-down for 3 and 1/2 quarters.

Too bad Pete Carroll is gone. He surely knew that Reggie's family was accepting gifts.

YEP....good ole Pete Carroll gets off easy. The biggest actor in ALL of LA, Mr. "I-had-no-clue-what-was-going-on"....

Not a big college football fan along with the rules but what does this mean as far as a national champion? Does that when you list the National Champions for 2004 it will say vacant?? Dumb question but they wont give it to somebody else or anything?
Depends. The AP hasn't stripped them of anything, so they still have that (in fact the AP still allows teams on probation to recieve votes and potentially win it's championship).

The BCS title for 2004 will probably remain vacant, as opposed to being awarded to Auburn (undefeated in 2004) or Oklahoma (hammered by USC in the 2005 Orange Bowl).

Auburn fan here. Could give a rats ass if they award that BCS championship. No Auburn fan that I know would or ever will claim it.

I know some schools that claim many championships would take it in a heart beat.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)