Use Cellphone To Unlock Car Doors & How to access 50% more power with battery reserve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
Have you locked your keys in the car? Does your car have remote keyless entry? this may come in handy some day. if you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home call someone at home on their cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock, saving someone having to drive the spare keys to you. distance is no object. you could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other remote for your car, you can unlock the doors or the trunk.

hidden battery power -- imagine your cell phone battery is very low. to activate, press the keys *3370# your cell will restart with this reserve and the instrument will show a 50 percent increase in battery. this reserve will get recharged the next time you charge your cell.

Here are some other things that may come in handy.

emergency access ... the emergency number worldwide for mobile is 112 if you find yourself out of the coverage area of your cell phone network and there is an emergency dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to extablish the emergency number for you. it can even be dialed if the keypad is locked.

free 411 information -- usually it costs $1-1.75 for information. if you need to use the 411 information option simply dial 800-free-411 without incurring any toll charge at all. program this into yoru cell phone it says. local numbers and addresses, movie times, driving directions and much much more - its for information

I got this information from the local newspaper this past week.

I just read up on the internet about this and it is a rumor in which is false regarding the cell phone unlocking cars. do not know if the other things are true or not. I am going to contact newspaper tomorrow and tell them that they posted a false article and going to make them have a new article stating that was false information.

I wondered why I never heard this before if it would be possible but thought the newspaper had more sense than that. They also advertise that they are online now in several editions but do not give a link for it and you can't find it with a search. How screwed up can they get?

1st 2 are bogus as many have realized

112 is real, but afaik, only on GSM phones on GSM networks and the free 411 is real.

Actually I CAN use my cellphone to open my locked doors.

I call OnStar, tell them my access code and password, ask them to send a signal and my locks disengage.

I love technology....

This type of e-mail is what is now being called a "viral marketing program" The main thing was to get you to try 1-800-free-411. It's also being advertised on the radio like crazy around here. Viral marketing is what made youtube and the like so popular. This is along the same idea. My wife wirks for a B2B software company that tried this themselves. It was cheesey as hell.

I find it hard to believe that an actual newspaper printed this. These lies have been around forever.

That is what shocked me. I read it and believed it because I trusted the local newspaper. Now I will have to take some facts that are written like this with a grain of salt and research it first. I wanted to find out more on this interesting way of doing it as it did not seem possible to me and sure enough I found it at about the same time Scott posted it.

Actually, the *3370# is a Nokia code. Here are the details:

Code Function
*3370# / #3370# Activate / Deactivate Enhanced Full Rate Codec (EFR) - Your phone uses the best sound quality but talk time is reduced by approx. 5%

*#4720# / *#4720# Activate / Deactivate Half Rate Codec - Your phone uses a lower quality sound but you should gain approx 30% more Talk Time

*#7220# / *#7230# Enable / Disable PCCCPH support (faster GPRS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts