Use iPhone or iPod Touch as a universal remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rglore

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 12, 2006
Louisville
New accessory turns any iPhone or iPod Touch into a universal remote

The system, dubbed the L5 Remote and produced by Fort Lauderdale-based L5 Technology, is made up of a tiny 1.5 by .85-inch infrared transceiver that hooks up to the dock connector of your device and an app that provides the necessary user interface to communicate with your favorite appliances.

145406-l5remote_original.jpg

Accessory turns iPhone into the mother of all remotes | Accessories | iPhone Central | Macworld

Interesting. But I might prefer it to have it's own battery. And I wonder how broad a range of devices it will support, out of the box. ViP722? All functions? Or just as a learning remote? Shift sources without turning off TV? Lots of questions, well worth following this one.

You can of course still use it for other things. This app is at least as practical as all the apps that make farting sounds or have pictures of ladies in bikinis.

I could see it being handy in a business environment where normal remotes are not kept in reach. But for the home, I do not see plugging in the remote thing every time I want to use it as a remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)