Use my old Voom Dish????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tiemyshew

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
waupun,wi
I have a hd install scheduled for jan 13th. I have been reading a bit here and I might have everything here already to get hd (except for the receiver).

I have a dish 500 in storage I have a Voom dish pointed at the rainbow sat. from when I had Voom service(This dish is in a spot on my roof I do not like to get too---Very steep). I currently Use a Superdish and do not have any contracts with Dish.

I know the voom dish is a legacy lnb( or am I wrong) If I put my Dish 500 with legacy lnb back up and tie in my voom dish(don't change anything on it) will I be in business for hd??

I will need some sort of switch to combine all 3 sat. correct?

Let me know becuse I could then just purchase a receiver and get service without a contract. Plus it gives me something to do instead of the honey do list my wife gives me.

Another question will the dish 500 mount on the existing arm that the superdish is mounted on?

I know the voom dish is a legacy lnb( or am I wrong) If I put my Dish 500 with legacy lnb back up and tie in my voom dish(don't change anything on it) will I be in business for hd??
Voom LNB is Legacy. And yes you could put your D500 back up if it has a Legacy LNB

I will need some sort of switch to combine all 3 sat. correct?
SW21 to combine it together if you have just one receiver. If you get a 622 then the best thing to do is swap that LNB on the Voom dish to a DishPro and go DishPro :) You could use the existing SD for 110/119 and the Voom dish for 61.5

Another question will the dish 500 mount on the existing arm that the superdish is mounted on?
I dont think it will but I'm not sure. I thought a SD was a 2" mast

can the lnb used for sat 121 be removed and installed on the voom dish?

no
The 121 LNB is KU Band and is lower frequencies then the DBS band (110, 119, 61.5)
Plus KU is of lower power so it wont work on a 18" dish (thats why the SD is big to begin with) :)

Legacy LNB's will work with a 622 or 211. The 622 is a dual tuner so you would need 2 lines running to the box with Legacy.
622s come with a 'separator' that allows just one cable from the dish to the receiver. Not sure how/if it works with legacy equipment though.

the separator only works with DishProPlus (either the DPP Twin or the DPP44 switch). Legacy and DishPro require 2 lines from LNB/switch

Just hooked up a 311 I had sitting around to see if I have a signal coming from the old voom dish. I have a very strong signal of 124. From what I have read Iwill never get that kind of reading from the 129 sat.

Anytime you have a dish pointed at multiple satellites, the days of 120+ signals are gone. I think most people with a D1000, for example, pointed at (3) birds, are lucky to see much over 100 on the 110' and 119' birds. The 129' is always 10-20 points lower too. I don't know what people get with a single dish pointed at just 129' get though.

I am leaning toward having someone switch out my lnb on the voom dish to a dishpro and running the wire to my dp 34 switch. Or does Dish have plans for the 129 sat. I do not anticipate getting hd locals for green bay,wi anytime soon. my guess is my future hd locals will be sent on 129 or am I wrong. Is there a possibility hd could be taken off of 61.5?

Does the voom dish have a rectangle arm or a d arm? I cannot tell from looking from the ground? Should I just switch out the whole dish?

I am leaning toward having someone switch out my lnb on the voom dish to a dishpro and running the wire to my dp 34 switch. Or does Dish have plans for the 129 sat. I do not anticipate getting hd locals for green bay,wi anytime soon. my guess is my future hd locals will be sent on 129 or am I wrong. Is there a possibility hd could be taken off of 61.5?

I highly doubt HD will be taken off 61.5 due to the fact there is so many people out there recieving from 61.5 orbital either due to line of site issues with the 129.

I had my install today and we just put a dish 1000 in the spot the voom dish was I am getting a reading of 82 from sat 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts