Advice on running cable

rocklin_rebel

Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
Any good advice on who I can contact to run cables for me? I need to run cable from upstairs to downstairs probably in the wall from my 622 to a second HDTV. Should I just find an electrician or somebody who specializes in running cable? Or just do it myself. If it's not too expensive I'd rather have someone do it.

Check with a local electrician and/or contractor who specializes in wiring "home automation" systems. You could also check with a high-end equipment retailer that does installations. Most do, or sub. to contractors who will do it for them. If you're competent to DIY, you can save a bunch by doing just that, and you will know the job is done to your own standards.

FWIW - The only way to have HDTV at that second location is to run another set of TV1 output cable(s) to that location. The 622 has both HDMI and component outputs available for HD signals to the "nearby" (TV1) location. Your best option for HD at two locations is to use both, say HDMI to the TV at the 622's location and component with audio connections to the second HDTV location. You can do that by making up your own cables (many use RG-6 and quality RCA plugs for that) or buy cables made to length from an on-line source. Either way you're talking about a fairly hefty bundle that will take some effort to fish through a wall. You could also use the component connections at the nearby TV and get a lengthy HDMI cable to run to the remote TV. You'd have to buy that one. I'm not sure what the length limit for HDMI is. You'd also be fishing a cable with an HDMI plug on it.

Of course the programming available on both HD outputs is the same. You can use the UHF remote from the second location to control the 622. I believe it needs to be in the Single mode for that to work...

Yes, that's exactly how I'm going to wire it, except the bundle has to go downstairs because the second TV only has the component inputs. Do you have any idea how much this could cost?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)