Use Roku with Dish credentials?

mrc54

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
Anderson,IN
As a dish customer, I sometimes use my windows 10 laptop to stream fox sports and NBCSN to my tv by HDMI cord. I have a 722k with no sling. Can I use a Roku with Fox and NBCSN apps and log in with my Dish credentials to free up the laptop?

If you subscribe to a channel via Dish, you can pick it up for free on the Roku or Fire TV if the channels has the app. I do it all of the time. Just sign in and link your Roku to the account. I have the Fire TV to get Dish Anywhere, (Not on Roku) as my old 211k does not have internet access. It works fine with me. A couple apps here and there may take a bit of a work-around like BET. I cannot get the direct app to work as Dish has not agreed with BET, but the BET app is free under Dish Anywhere.

Reactions: TheKrell
Can you flesh that out a tad? Where are you signing in (Roku, MyDish), and using which account?
You go to the app, say FoxSports app on your streaming device, when you first log in you are asked who your provider is. You press DISH and then it asks for your DISH login information. It signs you in and you are granted access...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)