Used 522 Price Question

C1787GJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 19, 2005
MASSACHUSETTS
Radioshack is going to sell the Demo 522 receivers they had for $349.99 but it will include a one year warranty from Dish Network. That price still seems high to me, what do you all think is a fair price for a used 522, probably almost a couple years old, that has been on almost every single day since activated, with a 1 year warranty from Dish.

P.S. The reason they are selling them as we are finally getting the 622 as a demo and will be carrying LCD TVs!! I set up the 622 last night however it froze at first and was stuck on downloading vital information, shut it off, tried again and downloaded the info no problem that time.

WOW WOW...... Did they kiss you first?:eek: :eek:
I just bought a brand new DVR 625 still in the factory sealed box $185. plus shipping (total $206.98) off of eBay.
Unless its made of gold I would tell them what to do with it!!!!

Hahaha I work at radioshack and when I saw that price i was like. HAHAHAHAHA insane they must be joking... I was just curious what others would pay. :) and if anyone does buy it for 349... there is no way im kissing them lol.

There is a sucker born every minute, wasn't that a famous phrase. Maybe that is why Rat Shack is in financial trouble closing so many stores?

I just got a 522 about a week or two ago from a member on these forums and it looks like brand new. It came with everything except some a/v cables (I have boxes and boxes of them so I do not need those - I need to sell them). I could not even tell it from a used one. Got it for $100 shipped. I have never paid more than $144 for a new 522. I got some new 625's as cheap as $110 with free shipping.

They are charging you the new price for a used box. Maybe he thought the showroom channels stayed on it and that it was worth more. Who knows. You should have gotten it for at least $200 maybe less since it is used. Dish offers them to me for $50 if you lease them (do not own them) but you have to return them when your done.