GEOSATpro Used microhd for $50 on CL.. why so cheap?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm not rich, but I'm always surprised at those who buy used when new is readily available with all shiny new pieces, full knowledge the device will work or will be replaced if DOA, and full warranty / support. I guess it just feeds our psychological desire to get a great deal.

I buy a lot of used equipment, primarily to stretch my budget, but also to get things I would not otherwise be able to touch. There are some good reasons to buy used; A working used piece of gear has been "burn-tested", and as long as it hasn't been abused or used 24/7, it is usually a great deal. The price has to be right, though ;) ...

Those are good reasons for buying used. But how do you know the true history of the item? You may be buying the former owners', or former former owners', troubles. Buying online at a distance increases risk since you can't even look at and touch the items. Lowest price can sometimes give you the best deal for troubles.

There were times where used receivers were real good to get. That is when most everything was DVB and the "software pirates" just got shot down so they put stuff on Ebay. Picked up a ton of old DVB receivers and other than a simple software flash and it was back to good.

Yep did the same thing with a couple off of ebay. You could get some top of mark (of the time) receivers for cheap back then.

yup picked up some Coolsats and Pansats dirt cheap

I picked up the Pansat 5000 & 6000 which were two tuner DVR's (with an internal drive) and it was always funny to see in the description "the newest factory firmware" yet when you hit DVR it showed a bunch of PPV movies

I had the 1.2m dish at 89w plugged into the x2 and swapped receivers with the MDH and scanned that sat just fine, which tells me that it does work as it should and didn't get scammed.
I would have done the same as you, for 45 bucks, I just looked at avSatellite on this site, out the door you are looking at about 160 bucks, unless he has a sell going on.
unit 125,shipping another 24 then since you are in calif, sales tax. So, you made a gamble that came out on your side. As we all know it could have been a disaster.

Very true Iceberg. I bought my Coolsat5k for $5 it still has hacker software on it but it works. I also bought another no name box for $5 it worked but was very hard to navigate.

There were times where used receivers were real good to get. That is when most everything was DVB and the "software pirates" just got shot down so they put stuff on Ebay. Picked up a ton of old DVB receivers and other than a simple software flash and it was back to good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)