User Created Favorites List as Defalut

GuardMan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 10, 2004
In the guide, I have my own defined favorites list which I use almost exclusively. Once I have selected it, it stays as the default until the next day (turn off the receiver). How can I keep this as the default all the time?

Ya know, I have a preselected favorites list as well on my Hopper and it defaults to that list continuously whether I turn it off or not. That includes the nightly shut down for reboot. I'm not sure what your problem may be.

Same boat here. After it reboots from its nightly update, my custom list is replaced with the default "My Channels" list. This bug seems to only affect some Hopper configurations. So far, I haven't figured out what the configuration bug is yet.

In the meantime, one workaround is to set parental controls and block the channels you I don't want to see. Then, even if it defaults back to the "My Channels" list, the blocked channels don't appear.

Well at least I know I'm not crazy. I have a 2 Hopper / 2 Joey setup with 1 Joey connected to each hopper.

Same issue here, plus the fact that one of my locals disappears from my fav lists everyday, and I have to add at least 2 channels to get it back.

In the guide, I have my own defined favorites list which I use almost exclusively. Once I have selected it, it stays as the default until the next day (turn off the receiver). How can I keep this as the default all the time?
I have a 922 and also use a custom favorites list to filter out channels I never watch. Most of the time this list remains selected through power off/on and nightly reboot. Occasionally I power up to find "My Channels" active. I saw this also on my ViP612 and a friend that also as a 612 has mentioned it.

Well at least I know I'm not crazy. I have a 2 Hopper / 2 Joey setup with 1 Joey connected to each hopper.

Same set up here, and same issue as well.

Same issue here, plus the fact that one of my locals disappears from my fav lists everyday, and I have to add at least 2 channels to get it back.

Yep. I have to add my Fox channel back every day.

Well, for some inexplicable reason, now it no longer resets back to the "My Channels" list. It has stayed on my custom list, for the last 2 nights. We'll see if it continues to work.

Same boat here. After it reboots from its nightly update, my custom list is replaced with the default "My Channels" list. This bug seems to only affect some Hopper configurations. So far, I haven't figured out what the configuration bug is yet.

In the meantime, one workaround is to set parental controls and block the channels you I don't want to see. Then, even if it defaults back to the "My Channels" list, the blocked channels don't appear.

I have the same issue. I already lock out a bunch of extraneous channels. But, I don't want to lock out all, as I may want to watch them on occasion, and would like that to remain in My Channels. But, for day-to-day use, my Favorites list is what I want. And, this defaulting back to My Channels is pretty friggin annoying.

Well, it has reverted back to "My Channels" again, after 2 days of working correctly. I contacted advanced customer support, and they they said they would file a bug.

Well, it has reverted back to "My Channels" again, after 2 days of working correctly. I contacted advanced customer support, and they they said they would file a bug.

Great! Maybe it will get fixed. The one thing I really hate, is when it defaluts back to "MyChannels" and I don't immediately realize it while I'm surfing.

Amazing how a small thing can be so annoying. :rant:

Used to happen on my VIP722K.. Most of the time going to the EPG would be in the Favorites I last use but once in a while it would be back at My Channels. I would say it usually happened overnight which probably ties it to a Dish update of the receiver.

...which probably ties it to a Dish update of the receiver.

Then I must have the most technologically advanced satellite receiver in the entire world with all of those updates, because it defaults back to "MyChannels" every day. In fact, I think it may be becoming self-aware. (Skynet??? :confused:) Which could explain a few things.

Of course I jest. So far this Guide default thing is really the only issue I have.

Last edited:

Funny you should mention that GuardMan. I was wondering the same thing. I know the capabilty is there. I just upgraded to Hopper from 2 dual VIP-722's. On the 722 guide I had favorites set up for 'Cable Shows', 'Movies Channels', and 'Sports'. On the 722 the default was the last list selected. If it was on 'Cable Shows' when I turned the receiver off, it stayed on 'Cable Shows' when I turned it back on. It stayed on 'Cable Shows' until I switched to another list, which then became the default list unless I switched back before turning off the receiver.

This may have already been mentioned, but it seems that this issue only affects the hopper, and does not impact the Joeys. At least, that's the case for me. My Joeys have remained on the last used guide (which for me is a user created list) every day. However, my hopper reverts back to "my channels" every day, no matter what.