Using 2 OTA modules on Hopper 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cmcgrail

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Is it possible to use 2 OTA modules on the H3 simultaneously?

I am able to pick up both Phoenix and Tucson locals at my location. The Tucson antenna is connected via USB OTA and Phoenix locals are on dish.

When I combined both antennas using a two-way splitter, I starting getting RF reflections.
They work perfectly when connected individually.

I would purchase another ota module and run each antenna separate if allowed.

Thanks for your help.
20180628_172734_20180628174709475.jpeg

Sent from my mobile device using the SatelliteGuys app!

Considering all those many OTA sub Channel services available today, a USB OTA for Dish equipment with say at least four tuners with actually be very useful certainly in my case.

Reactions: pattykay
I'm shocked you can DX with an OTA module. I'm 12 miles from South Mountain and the Phoenix locals drop out all the time with my ViP 612.

I'm shocked you can DX with an OTA module. I'm 12 miles from South Mountain and the Phoenix locals drop out all the time with my ViP 612.
The single-tuner OTA adapter can actually be quite good. I used to have several channels from Detroit scanned into the guide on my Wally from the old single-tuner adapter. After re-scanning with the dual-tuner adapter, I no longer have any of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts