Using 211 to control 2 HD TVs

voomontheloon

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
Please excuse me if these questions have already been addressed before. I'm relatively new here.
I want to use the 211's component output to feed a HD TV in one room and its HDMI output to feed a 2nd HD TV in a different room (I know the 2 TVs would show the same programs in this setup).
My questions are: (1) what gadget I need to use to enable me to change channels in either room? (2) what is the maximum length a HDMI cable can run without degrading the signal?
Much obliged for any help.

If you put a VIP into single user mode, both remotes do the same thing since there is only one output.

Did your 211 come with two remotes? If it did and one is RF then you're all set. If not you'll have to check that a 211 can be operated by an RF remote and if so by one from Dishstore.net.

I am running a 25 foot cheap hmdi and there isn't any signal degredation.

Steve

Last edited:
If you put a VIP into single user mode, both remotes do the same thing since there is only one output.

Did your 211 come with two remotes? If it did and one is RF then you're all set. If not you'll have to check that a 211 can be operated by an RF remote and if so by one from Dishstore.net.

I am running a 25 foot cheap hmdi and there isn't any signal degredation.

Steve
The vip 211 only has one tuner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)