using a diplexer from outside antenna to sat cable

skibill

Original poster
Jan 18, 2015
USA
I am trying to hook up a outside antenna to dish sat that has two cables going into a box. I would like to use a diplexer from tv antenna to one sat cable. Which cable do I hook too?

Probably either cable will work, though you must use diplexers in pairs. The two cables go into what box exactly?

The cable box on side of house going into house. Are there two cables at the receiver. There are two lnb and I have hd.

Are there two cables at the receiver.

Is that a question? Two cables at the receiver implies (unless you're on eastern arc) you are losing a lot of HD channels that you are paying for. And what kind of LNB is this? Try menu - 6-1-3 and read off the switch gear and satellites your receiver can view. The way dual tuners are normally hooked up, the LNB assembly has a built-in switch that allows dual (and single) tuner receivers to see all satellites via one cable. So perhaps one of your cables is a spare or going to a 2nd receiver.

Yes! that was a question, I have a Hopper and only one cable at the receiver I just check, but two cables outside from lnb to cable box.

I don't think so due to the moca network feeding the joeys.

Your better off running a separate cable anyways.

As far as the original poster with 2 cables, I bet they are using a DP34, which you can diplex but just need to know what cable it's on
No DP34 with Hopper it would have to be Dpp44 or DPP33.

Reactions: TheKrell
Having a Hopper changes everything. You almost certainly have a 1000.2 dish w/EA LNB, and the outside box will almost certainly be a solo node that converts the DPP signal from the EA LNB to a triply band stacked Hopper host cable. You should in principle be able to diplex an OTA antenna on either cable coming down from the dish to the node. But (1) a few people say they haven't been able to do this, and (2) you most assuredly cannot diplex the Hopper host cable since it consumes part of the same frequencies as the Joeys.

I could not get this working today. I cannot gain access in my attic to run the cable to the tv. does anybody have any suggestions. is it possible to run wireless from antenna in attic to the tv. any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bill

I could not get this working today. I cannot gain access in my attic to run the cable to the tv. does anybody have any suggestions. is it possible to run wireless from antenna in attic to the tv. any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bill
Antenna:
Is their any cat5/ cable available (close or relocate ) in that area / TV location?
If so, check into doing a conversion using
Coax to CAT5 Balun type configs maybe (?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)