using a multiswitch on Dish Network

pyrr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 11, 2004
Frederick, MD
Hey

New to Dish network currently have both but looking more and more to get rid of D*. I have a Multiswitch 2 x 4 and i would love to add on another 622. Can I use my multiswitch? or do i have the buy the dishnetwork 3 x 4 box.

Thanks for the info in advance and i can tell you I love having the massive amount of HD channels.

It will work for a single satellite. E* and D* multi-sat switching methods are incompatible. The DishHD channels come from 2 satellites (110, along with either 129 on 61.5), core SD channels come from a 3rd (119), and HD locals if available could come from a 4th.

You may not need to add anything more to add a 2nd receiver, buy you didn't say what LNB/switch combo you have now.

I tried using a (I think 3x8, not up to par on direct switches, but it was 3 orbits) with a legacy quad before, I only was able to lock onto 119 on a dish 500. No success for me. Goes along with what Bobabird said.

I thought directv multiswitches and legacy where pretty much the same technology?

You can use a D* multiswitch and a D* Dual LNB or E* legacy Dual LNB to feed one satellite to more than 2 tuners. The multi-sat switches for each provider are not compatible with the other's receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)