using a panasat with motor dish on a dishnetwork system?

hobojoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2006
so caif usa
:) got another crazy idea that works so far. i have a pansat 2700 that has a output to continue the sat signal to another receiver. i ran this into a dishnetwork SW21 then into a dish301 receiver. it seems to work OK. but i need a better lbn I'm using a dishnetwork lbn. and how can i trick the receiver into accepting all dishnetwork sat signals without running the check switch all the time? i got some fantastic signal strengths from 61.5 and 129! sorry i did not know where to post sense its half fta and half dish? so i guess my questions are 1;whats the best general purpose lbn that will work with dish? 2;cant you cascade 3 Sat's by using 2-SW21's, i only get 2 Sat's that way now. 3; how can i trick the receiver? thanks!

:) no way!!!! i want to use my fta dish to receive the signal and send it to my dish receiver to be decoded there. I'm just using the fta receiver to move and point the fta dish with a dish network lbn. my pansat has a sat signal out put so i would only need one coax cable for the fta and this one dish network receiver. the fta dish receives 61.5 much better here in California and almost eliminates the signal wobble of 129 also. so no! i in no way shape or form meant getting free dish network programing.

:) o! ps; when i meant trick the receiver i meant when you set the dish network receiver up to do a check switch it identifies that setup only and will not receive the signal from Sat's not connected at that time. is there a way to get the dish network receiver to recognize all there sat signals at one time so i wont have to run the check switch each time you change the channel to a station on another satellite.

hobojoe said:
:) o! ps; when i meant trick the receiver i meant when you set the dish network receiver up to do a check switch it identifies that setup only and will not receive the signal from Sat's not connected at that time. is there a way to get the dish network receiver to recognize all there sat signals at one time so i wont have to run the check switch each time you change the channel to a station on another satellite.
The only "trick" is to use a standard DISH setup with a DP switch. The receiver identifies each satellite, when you move it to a different satellite it needs to identify all over again.:)

If you add and remove satellites from the Dish receiver, you are going to have to run check switch each time you change which satellites are available. I also believe that if you have the same satellites, but move them to a different Input Port, you also need to do a check switch.

If you have all DP LNBF, feed them all into your DP34 or DPP44, and then feed the DP/DPP Switch to your Dish receiver; do not route the signal through the motor and/or another receiver that has pass-through.

Now if one of those 3 or 4 orbital locations are on a larger single orbital location dish that gets better reception, and you have the need to move it between orbital slots, and you do not mind running check switch each time, then you may want to run a second cable between the motor and the pansat 2700 just to control the motor to move that dish back and fourth.

However, I thought you had a large dish farm on your roof; if so, it would be better if you could just designate various dishes on a permanent basis and get the correct switch(es).

If you add and remove satellites from the Dish receiver, you are going to have to run check switch each time you change which satellites are available. I also believe that if you have the same satellites, but move them to a different Input Port, you also need to do a check switch.

If you have all DP LNBF, feed them all into your DP34 or DPP44, and then feed the DP/DPP Switch to your Dish receiver; do not route the signal through the motor and/or another receiver that has pass-through.

Now if one of those 3 or 4 orbital locations are on a larger single orbital location dish that gets better reception, and you have the need to move it between orbital slots, and you do not mind running check switch each time, then you may want to run a second cable between the motor and the pansat 2700 just to control the motor to move that dish back and fourth.

However, I thought you had a large dish farm on your roof; if so, it would be better if you could just designate various dishes on a permanent basis and get the correct switch(es).

EDIT: I guess in theory, you could put 119, 110, 61.5, and 129 into a DPP44 and then run it to your receiver, do a check switch and the receiver will recognize all 4. You could then replace either 61.5 or 129 with a different DP LNBF and dish, but each would have to be on the DPP44, and on the same port originally scanned. But if at anytime the receiver does not find a satellite when channel surfing, or maybe during a reboot, you will get a lot of errors.

hobojoe said:
1;whats the best general purpose lbn that will work with dish?
Do you mean "LNB" (Low Noise Block downconverter)?
2;cant you cascade 3 Sat's by using 2-SW21's, i only get 2 Sat's that way now.
No, you can't cascade using 2 of the same switch. Two satellites will be on a Twin, Quad, SW44, SW42, or Microyal SW21X or 3 sats on an SW64. Feed the receiver output to SW21 input 1, and the additional LNB to SW21 input 2.

Now that we know how it works, didn't you just get a full DishPro setup put in? You can't use DishPro LNBs with a legacy switch. Or do you still have a Dish 500 with some legacy LNB/switch for that one receiver?
3; how can i trick the receiver? thanks!
The Pansat or the 301? This may be an exception where you use a splitter before the SW21. Probably something like:
SmityWhity said:
you may want to run a second cable between the motor and the pansat 2700 just to control the motor to move that dish back and forth.
Not sure if this will help you avoid the check switch though. If this is for your RV, you'll quite likely have enough aiming experience to just point the dish yourself quicker than a legacy check switch.

:bow very good answers! i was going to use the larger dish for 61.5 and 129 for the signal wobble. if I'm out of my spotbeam for 110. ill set it up with a 301 and just run the check switch each time. i think even if i get it once if any time it reboots I'm back to fixing it so ill just use it for odd times i need it. thanks and i did get my sat truck pic posted finally!:wave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts