Using "Aux" button on remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MI_SAT

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
I like my 508 silver remote, but I cannot get the "Aux" button to control my Yamaha RXV-992 home theater receiver. I've cycled through the remote per the 508 instruction manual, and tried the discrete Yamaha codes, but to no avail.

The remote controls all of my other components but this one. Quite frustrating. :yikes

Are there any other things I might try to get this to work? I would hate to have to purchase a universal remote just to get my receiver to work.

Thank you in advance.

Do a device code scan as described on page 69 of your 508's user manual. You souldn't have an issue getting it to work this way.

Jason

Thanks. I did try that, but it didn't work. The receiver is only about 5 years old. I would think one of the codes would work. Any other thoughts?

TNGTony said:
My 721 remote only works power and volume on my Yamaha receiver. Luckily, that's all I really need.

See ya
Tony

That's all I want as well. Is the 721 remote significantly different than the 508?

Did I add that downstairs I'm also controlling a Yamaha receiver...:)

Upstairs an Onkyo...

The procedure attachment I posted will work for you...volume and power button only of course.

Jason

And per your request the 508 and 721 remote manuals are attached below.

Just tried the scan and went through all the codes until the Aux button blinked rapidly, indicating I tried all codes. No luck. Guess I'm stuck having to buy a universal remote. :(

Jason - Thanks for your input. I guess I bought the unlucky Yamaha receiver. Can you post any manuals for convincing my wife I need a universal remote? :D

I haven't bought my universal yet...I am planning on the URC-300 which is a new remote from the manufacturers of the HTM MX-500...The new series is supposed to have more functionality than the older MX-500 and 700. Under $200.

I have planned the justification to my wife plenty of times, but I know it won't work, so when the time comes to buy I am just going to loose 6 remotes....after all my Siberian has eaten the remote for my 301 like 4 times....;)

Jason

when it comes to prgramming aux most people forget to put that extra numeric digit in there for type, 0, 1, or 2...

I have only had an issue with one device on any of my E* remotes...and that's a Samsung TV/VCR combo I have in a bedroom...I can control it fully except the volume...tried all kinds of work arounds to no correction. I have had to do a code scan for most of my equipment, and this works great if you follow the directions to the "T"...

Jason

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)