Using different dish than one supplied by BEV

jessykanc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jul 9, 2005
I believe that my low signal strength reception of 82W is going to require a larger dish - I was thinking about a 30". Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing :)

Can anyone recommend a 30" dish that receives BEV 82W signals? If not,
does anyone know of any tutorials or information sources on how to match a dish to a satellite, or is it basically trial and error?

Thanks, Jessi

jessykanc said:
I believe that my low signal strength reception of 82W is going to require a larger dish - I was thinking about a 30". Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing :)

does anyone know of any tutorials or information sources on how to match a dish to a satellite, or is it basically trial and error?

Thanks, Jessi

The LNB is more important than the dish. Look for a dish that comes with a Dish Network or Echostar LNB.

A bigger dish will help a little with signal but mostly for rain fade. You can use a 30” dish. I use to when I had EVu….

Any 30” dish would work fine. You have to customize the LNB but ti can be done

jessykanc said:

Thanks, Jessi

I believe I would purchase an lnb with a noise level at .3 instead of .6 as most are .6 standard. That should also help you tweak 82W, imo.

That's the one I was thinking of. I actually posted that in hopes that someone might mention another one :)

And quite frankly, I would love someone to report the difference in signal strength it makes on 82 vs a .6 lnb as I have been very curious for several months now.

If I did not have a toroidal reverse reflector, I would have already tried it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts