Using Directv and Dishnet on Same TV

jwells5465

Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
Louisiana
Is there anyone out there that gets both Dishnet and Directv? We love Directv but can't get releases for locals, can't get reception with rooftop tower antenna, so we want to add Dishnet for locals. Can this be done?

Yes. IF you buy your own DISH receiver you could get just locals for $5.99 and pay just the $6.00 no program access fee for a total of about $11.99 a month. Baring buying a dual tuner dvr, or it would be $6.00 a month for the dvr fee. You could just buy a 211k for around $120.00 from an online retailer like the sponser here the dishstore.net and add the external hard drive of your choice , & you will have to pay $40.00 bucks to DISH to get the dvr software, but you will have no monthly dvr fee . But you would most likely have buy a dish and install it your self to do this. You can get one from the same store I mentioned before.

Yes. IF you buy your own DISH receiver you could get just locals for $5.99 and pay just the $6.00 no program access fee for a total of about $11.99 a month. Baring buying a dual tuner dvr, or it would be $6.00 a month for the dvr fee. You could just buy a 211k for around $120.00 from an online retailer like the sponser here the dishstore.net and add the external hard drive of your choice , & you will have to pay $40.00 bucks to DISH to get the dvr software, but you will have no monthly dvr fee . But you would most likely have buy a dish and install it your self to do this. You can get one from the same store I mentioned before.
My dad did this, it cost him $200 for the install, which included a basic 2 room receiver, and a dish. He pays $11.99 a month for locals, qvc, hsn, and a bunch of channels that have nothing but "paid advertisments" on them. Seems to me that unless Dish no longer does this that it is cheaper to pay $200 and have a tech do the install than purchase a receiver, a dish and the necessary cable, and connectors. I would suggest calling dish and asking, and then decide if you want to do it yourself or pay.....

ROss

If you call DISH and try to get setup as a new sub and get just locals , there is more than a good chance that they will say NO. They will at least want you to sub to top 120 or equivalent low pack in dish latino etc. They will consider it a lease deal and as such they will restrict you to a low pack of programming. That is why I suggest that you will need to buy your own receiver and install it either yourself or by a local installer . OF course there are other deals that DISH might offer you , like pay as you go . The best bet is to try and call them and see what they will offer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts