GEOSATpro Using diseqc 1.1 on the micro

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
I have been experimenting with different diseqc switch setups recently with a Digiwave 8x1 switch. I read in another thread about using the last menu selection for 1-16 for best results. The menu selection for 1.1 seems to have confusing settings even if not cascading other switches to get 8 satellite positions it is necessary to select from the cascade menu? Am I reading this wrong?

I noticed sometimes there is a delay that results in "no signal" for several seconds or sometimes nothing unless I power off and back on again. This also results in programming timer issues if it switches satellites and gets nothing briefly.

Any tips for using diseqc 1.1 with the microHD? Should I expect delays switching?

There may be a two second delay in issuing a DiSEqC command in certain modes or combinations of satellite configuration settings.

We have successfully tested DiSEqC 1.1 settings with several manufacturer's switches, but never a Digiwave branded unit. I have read in other posts that some of these 1.1 switches don't provide reliable or predictable switching. Maybe another member has experience with this Digiwave 8x1 switch and can provide insight on the operation.

Digiwave 8x1 is what I use, I have two of them and have never had a problem with it and the microHD.

Using a Sadoun S-DS41C DiseqC 2.0 switch with the micro the perfomance seems to vary from one day to the next. Today it has been a major PITA. The setup works perfect with my Coolsat. Receiver -> VBox -> 4 port switch. Today the delay before the Vbox moves can be as much as 20 seconds. Initially it wouldn't switch to any port but port 1. As of this minute it will switch to ports 2 and 3 but still not 4. It has been working pretty well for the past month. Changing the switch out has no effect and the Coolsat has no issues, I have to wonder of there is a timing or reflected wave issue.

I have a digiwave 1x8 and will be testing it with the MicroHD soon. I'm hopeful because this switch is an essential staple to my system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)