Using Dish 322 in RV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rkassl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
Wisconsin
I currently have a 311 operational in our 5th wheel RV. To use it I have to have the cabinet open and be line of sight for the remote.

My idea is to change to a 322 and use the input for the TV that would use the RF remote. This way I can change the channel from the bedroom or where ever with the tuner behind the closed cabinet door.

Will this work?

If you're absolutely desperate, this will work fine for 1 TV -- you just have to stay on top of the ball as far as what tuner TV2 is using and you'll be fine. :)

Get a 508 pvr from dishstore.net, it will do what you want with out the need for two lines to the receiver and give you dvr features.

But with the 322, he can use the 2nd TV output for a TV in a 2nd car.

BTW: Can you buy another UHF remote for TV1 and use it in conjunction with TV2's UHF remote?

Cyclone said:
But with the 322, he can use the 2nd TV output for a TV in a 2nd car.

BTW: Can you buy another UHF remote for TV1 and use it in conjunction with TV2's UHF remote?

And a dual tuner has the phone line connection fee and the need for two lines unless he has a dpptwin. Its easier to get a single line into a 5th wheel specialy if it has a slider due to the rubber seal that surrounds the slider. Problem with using the existing coax in most all travel trailers and rv's is that they are wired with rg-59 unless you have one of the high end units that is about what a 3 bedroom ranch goes for in miami. The dp lnbfs will have problems with the rg-59 and the dpptwin will definitely be a problem with the rg-59.

yeah, basically it depends on how often you plan on doing it, and what type of dish you have...
if you are using the wire in the rv, you will have to either run another line and use a twin lnb, or buy a DPP twin and use a seperator.
Or, you could continue to use your 311 and just buy a UHF upgrade kit for it. That would be my opinion for a few reasons...
Easier to use existing wiring
311 is easier to move between home and rv,(less wiring to figure out)
and lastly, in my opinion, the 311 is a better receiver to line up a dish with, it responds faster and is just a more reliable.
just my opinion

Van: You're right that RG-59 can be a concern, but at the lengths usually involved, it's not often a problem. I've only had hassles when using a remote dish (tripod-mount), bringing the combined length of RG-59 & RG-6 up too far.

You would think but I dont trust rg-59 at all, I had to bypass it on a brand new fema trailer last month and there was a short run from the dish to the trailer.

Van said:
You would think but I dont trust rg-59 at all, I had to bypass it on a brand new fema trailer last month and there was a short run from the dish to the trailer.
I HAVE had to swap out crappy barrel connectors a couple of times, and put good ends on the cable, but 25' of RG-59 shouldn't be a problem.

My biggest need is for a UHF control in the RV. Are there any other non recording receivers that have this type of remote? The only one I know about is the 311, I know its over kill and the waste of one side. Don't worry about the cable, everything is wired just fine.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)