Using Dish Network at camper also

Firescooby

Original poster
Dec 27, 2005
We're fixing to purchase a place that we will keep our camper on full-time.

We have DishNetwork at home and would also like to have it at our camper. We have three and soon four receivers at home and would need two at the camper.

Do we have any options?

How would we do this and cost?

Thanks

Carry one or two receivers back and forth, unless you want to pay for two accounts. Assuming you are getting Hoppers and Joeys at home, a ViP211 or Wally (or 2) might be advisable in the mix. They transport easily.

If you are comfortable aiming a dish, buy and install yourself. Or find a local dealer that will sell same and install at your camper.

Cost? Depends upon what receivers you go with.

Legally, you are not allowed to have two receivers operating at different locations on one account. Just do it and do not ask or open a second account at the second location.

Legally, you are not allowed to have two receivers operating at different locations on one account. Just do it and do not ask or open a second account at the second location.

dont plug in a phone line or i guess the internet when the box is traveling

It's interesting that Dish will sell you a receiver and automatic antenna to do just that though.

If you have 4 at home and 2 in the camper, then you will be audited for sure by the Dish Police.
I've had 2 hopper 2 Joeys and 2- 211s active on the same account for a year and a half.
I really don't think they give a crap.

The 211s main purpose is for RVs.

You must be thinking about Directvs policy.

I only use 1 of my 211s for camping for 1 month a year, otherwise they are both hooked up in the same house as my hoppers year round.

Just to Clarify.
Dish and Directv both allow you to take your receivers to a separate location , as Long as, Both locations are not being serviced at the same time.
Thats the rule.

And if a Dish rep ever showed up at my door to check my equipment regardless...

He better bring a warrant.

Last edited:
Reactions: pattykay
Dish calls. Or used to. Lots of posts about this.

They listen to ensure no calls are made to get info from another location, etc. They want you to read certain numbers off the screen. These numbers change every few minutes. There is a time limit.

They don't show up on your doorstep. Too dangerous, I'm sure.

I suspect they rarely if ever do this anymore. I can't see it being cost effective and I can certainly see it souring customers if mishandled. And it appears this power has certainly gone to the heads of more than one Audit Nazi, going by reports.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts