Using Dish with my VueQube

Cheryl

Original poster
Mar 30, 2017
Salida, CO
I have a VuQube which is several years old and it was apparently designed to be used with either Dish or Directv. We were customers of DTV for years and just switched to Dish. My question - is there a way to use this VuQube with our new equipment when we are traveling. We are not a fancy 5th or Class a setup, Hubby just likes to see a game or two when we are on a trip in the trailer with the dogs and kids. Of course everything we have is HD with the Sling in the Living room and whatever the smaller ones are in the bedrooms. We don't care if we have HD when we are out. Can I take one of our existing boxes or need to buy something else? Thanks for any info you can provide.

I have a VuQube which is several years old and it was apparently designed to be used with either Dish or Directv. We were customers of DTV for years and just switched to Dish. My question - is there a way to use this VuQube with our new equipment when we are traveling. We are not a fancy 5th or Class a setup, Hubby just likes to see a game or two when we are on a trip in the trailer with the dogs and kids. Of course everything we have is HD with the Sling in the Living room and whatever the smaller ones are in the bedrooms. We don't care if we have HD when we are out. Can I take one of our existing boxes or need to buy something else? Thanks for any info you can provide.
Please give us the model numbers of what you have. A guess as a new customer you will have a Hopper 3 and a Joey 2. The Joey is a slave to the Hopper and does nothing without being connected to a Hopper.

None of the Hopper series receivers are compatible with a VuQube dish. You'd have to purchase a 211 or a Wally to use with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts