Using HR20-700 with sngle LNB dish during bad weather?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mnassour

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 1, 2004
Folks...I've got your basic MPEG4 system, a large dish with sidecar, four runs (of course) to a Zinwell WB68 switch. Two HR20s are connected to the Zinwell. But here's the problem...

During the winter months we can have ice issues here with no notice at all. I was wondering how I might go about connecting my old single sat dish with a dual LNB to the Zinwell to act as backup. You see, the sidecar dish is up on the roof, completely inaccessible during ice storms. The old single LNB dish can be mounted at eye level on the old C-band post in the yard. Since I only have two runs of RG6 from the post, a single sat/dual LNB dish is all I can run.

So after this long story....there are, of course, four input ports on the Zinwell. Can I just hook up the two lines from the single sat dish pointed at 101 for a temporary work-around, and if so, to which ports? Yes, I know there won't be any HD, etc. But if I can get the core channels off of 101, that will make the family happy.

thanks!

Mike Nassour / Austin TX

Folks...I've got your basic MPEG4 system, a large dish with sidecar, four runs (of course) to a Zinwell WB68 switch. Two HR20s are connected to the Zinwell. But here's the problem...

During the winter months we can have ice issues here with no notice at all. I was wondering how I might go about connecting my old single sat dish with a dual LNB to the Zinwell to act as backup. You see, the sidecar dish is up on the roof, completely inaccessible during ice storms. The old single LNB dish can be mounted at eye level on the old C-band post in the yard. Since I only have two runs of RG6 from the post, a single sat/dual LNB dish is all I can run.

So after this long story....there are, of course, four input ports on the Zinwell. Can I just hook up the two lines from the single sat dish pointed at 101 for a temporary work-around, and if so, to which ports? Yes, I know there won't be any HD, etc. But if I can get the core channels off of 101, that will make the family happy.

thanks!

Mike Nassour / Austin TX

IF you went back to the old single LNB set up you would lose alot of your channels.
How about trying a Dish Heater ???

Claude at the "Dish Store " also has them.
Heres one site I found right away, drop them a line, see what they have.
Montana Satellite Supply

Do a google search ...

Jimbo

Actually, id depends on where you are located. Here, in the Greenville Spartanburg, South Carolina, the standard non HD install still uses the 18 inch round dish. Everything, including locals, except foreign programming and HD is still on 101.

Right...I'm aware that a lot of channels will leave. I just need to find out if I can hook up the single LNB, and if so, to which of the four ports the two lines would attach.

thanks!

hook the two lines from the basic dish to the 13v and 18v ports of the Zinwell WB68 switch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts