Using my phone to hook to the Dish wireless box with Dish anywhere

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

David Haupt

Original poster
Aug 4, 2016
Chilton
Ok.. quick question. First what i have.. new hopper 3 box.. one wired joey(bedroom) and one wireless joey (garage) . Love my service and the hopper 3 box. I live out in a dead zone for cell service and fastest internet service i can buy is a 1mg dsl line. I like to use my phone when im out in my shop for tv id like to connect directly to the dish wireless bix with my pho e is that possible without having to use the internet?

That sucks lol.. i know it send the signal to my wireless joey at 2.4 ghz like a router does was hoping if i was lose enough i could puck that up instead of going thru my way slow internet lol.

If both the H3 and phone are on the same wireless LAN connection, then the internet is only used for authentication. All the video traffic remains on the local LAN. 1mbps internet or less should be fine unless Dish completely prevents a connection below certain bandwidth.

If both the H3 and phone are on the same wireless LAN connection, then the internet is only used for authentication. All the video traffic remains on the local LAN. 1mbps internet or less should be fine unless Dish completely prevents a connection below certain bandwidth.
Yes I would give it a try you as he said last I knew the internet is only needed for authentication then is not used.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts