Using PiP?

breathe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
I just got my 522 the other day, and have read it is PiP capable if you change it to single mode. How do i go about doing this as most of the time the tv in the bedroom is barely used and PiP would be nice to have sometimes?

Also, the tuner is installed in the bedroom, with the main tv, as tv2, would i still be able to do PiP on the main tv, even though i dont have the tuner in that room?

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=22563

Basicly It acts as if both tvs are TV1 and there is no TV 2 ... if you tune to channel 191 in the living room it will tune to channel 191 in the bedroom

PIP works well... You hit pip once and the window pops up... to change the PIP channel you have to swap, change channel, swap again. hitting pip again makes it bigger and again dismisses it.

The only thing that stinks about this is that you have to go to the box to switch to single mode instead of having a remote option. Other than that, PiP is great on the 522! (I can't help it...I'm just lazy!)

ShadowEKU said:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=22563

Basicly It acts as if both tvs are TV1 and there is no TV 2 ... if you tune to channel 191 in the living room it will tune to channel 191 in the bedroom

PIP works well... You hit pip once and the window pops up... to change the PIP channel you have to swap, change channel, swap again. hitting pip again makes it bigger and again dismisses it.

I can make it think the living room tv is tv1 on this correcT?

breathe said:
I can make it think the living room tv is tv1 on this correcT?

Not completely... As far as the Reciever is concerned in Single mode its only driving 1 tv. It still outputs through the TV2 and everything. you can watch what is on the reciever wherever it is hooked up. Basicly everything hoked to the 522 becomes TV1 when its in single mode. You can use either remote you want. i would suggest leaving the remotes where they are.

ShadowEKU said:
Not completely... As far as the Reciever is concerned in Single mode its only driving 1 tv. It still outputs through the TV2 and everything. you can watch what is on the reciever wherever it is hooked up. Basicly everything hoked to the 522 becomes TV1 when its in single mode. You can use either remote you want. i would suggest leaving the remotes where they are.

Good, because i would like to switch back to have both TV's working sometimes, so it'll work out nice

OTA NBC (Dallas, TX) loud buzz?

Help! Is this a switch problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)